Chapter 6

"Remember, we in life have to stay and remember the ones who have passed. Keep coming back. It works if you work it, you will heal"

When the meeting stopped, Bobby had fallen asleep in his chair, his beanie was half of his head, revealing his black hair and his headphones made it look uncomfortable, the way he laid on them like a pillow. I couldn't help but laugh at him as I took off the headphones which woke him up.

He opened one eye and shook his head before yawning. "Interesting meeting huh?" He asked with a small crooked smile, trying to hide the fact he had not heard a single word of the meeting, I nodded, agreeing with him.

"Oh yes, I loved the part where they said a good way to heal from losing a loved one is alcohol" Bobby widened his eyes before realizing I was joking and laughed softly, the laugh made me almost warm, it was nice hearing his laugh for once.

"You almost got me, but even though beer does sound nice, I think I will go for some lunch and a coffee at Capulus" Bobby stood up, and even though my hands got sweaty by the pure idea of asking him I took a deep breath before closing my eyes and praying he would say yes.

"May I come with you?"

He turned around and looked into my eyes, I couldn't read his face. He sighed, my head kept spinning, did he really think I was a stalker, or did he simply believe that I was not worthy of his friendship or was that the main theme, that I who simply tried to befriend a boy who did not seem to want a friendship or any kind of acquaintances in the first place.

"I told you, Artie... I don't do friends" With that he walked out of the building, something inside me felt like it broke. I don't why, but something told me to run after him, to try. Maybe it was the fact that all the people I had met doing my time, besides Sam, the only one I actually wanted to befriend was the depressed edgy boy.

I walked out of the gymnasium, calling his name after him which he did respond to as he turned around, his face told me didn't want to be bothered, but something told me to still try.

"We don't have to be friends Bobby, but I think you need someone.We don't have to talk about why we are here or what we want to do with the feelings that we have to what we have lost. But sometimes just not alone helping a million times more than hiding, trust me... I should know"

As we entered the coffee shop, Samuel seemed surprised by the pure fact I did not come alone or maybe it wasn't me but Bobby he was more surprised about. "What can you two?" He asked with his smile that had become like a second home for me on campus.

"One black and your vegetarian sandwich please" Bobby answered before looking at me, I shook my head, hiding the fact I was overthinking once again, and smiled. "The usual... uh and a tuna sandwich" I looked over at Bobby as he had his hands in his pockets.

"So what music do you always go around and listen to, I never see you without those headphones?" I asked, he didn't look at me as his focus was on Samuel making the coffee for us. "Some old memories"

That was his answer, I narrowed my eyes, with a suspicious smile formed on my lips. "Memories? what do you listen to your own old voice recordings?" I laughed at my joke, but my laugh was caught by Bobby's eyes which met mine.

"Something like that"

I stood a little in shock, not really knowing what to answer to that. Thankfully I didn't have to act like I wasn't for a long time, as Sam gave us the food and I paid before Bobby could, he seemed a little hesitant about it, not liking the idea of a girl paying I assumed. However, I was the one who forced him to eat with me, I wouldn't want him to pay for me forcing him.