Chapter 19 - Explosion

After flying up as high as I could, I span around to come falling back to the ground. I closed my eyes and just enjoyed the feeling of falling. I know this would be a lot of people's worst nightmare but I just felt free. The adrenalin was rushing through my veins almost making me feel giddy. I opened my eyes, feeling them water at the wind rushing past me. I made some make shift googles with water around my eyes so I could see better.

I was falling back to the school, quickly so I spread my wings out to slow me down. I landed on top of the girl's dorm with a heavy thud, hearing the roof crack underneath me. I started pacing back and forth, my mind going a million miles a minute. I could hear more students arrive, the noise from friends meeting each other after a week apart. The goodbyes to their parents. I put my hands over my ears, wanting to drown out all the noise.

Attack.

I flinched at the voice in my head. My paces on the roof became quicker, the noise in my head and around me becoming louder. I clenched my fists harder, feeling my nails dig into the palms of my hands. Why me? Why does this have to happen to me? Did I lead Kai on? Did I show him any signs that I liked, liked him? Maybe he took my rudeness for flirting? I can't believe he kissed me. Phoenix was the one and only person that I've ever kissed and I wanted it to stay that way. What if Phoenix breaks up with me over this? What if he thinks this was all my fault?

Pain.

I felt my heart pound in my chest and heard blood rushing through my ears. I can't have Phoenix break up with me, I just can't. I've never felt like I've had a home before but that's exactly how I feel when I'm with him. I spent all those years hating my mum for falling apart when my dad left but I get it now. The way he looked at me when I used my blood bending on Kai... I've never seen him look like that before. It was like he was seeing me for the first time and didn't like what he was seeing.

Anger.

I lifted my hand up, creating icicles and throwing them as far as I could away from the school. I carried on my pacing, feeling all this pent up anger build up inside me. I wanted to scream and punch things. I felt so agitated and nothing was helping. I ran my hands through my hair, looking up at the sky. The clouds were a dark grey and I could tell the breeze was cold, especially up so high.

Suffering.

I put my head in my hands, feeling my whole body shake. I started to breathe heavily, almost like I was having a panic attack. I tried taking deep breaths but it wasn't working. There was a clap of thunder in the distance making me jump. I looked back up at the sky and swallowed harshly. The clouds were changing quickly again like my fight with Phoenix. I can't have that happen again, I have to get out of here.

Power.

I took off as fast as I could and made a beeline straight for the sea. I made sure to be as far away as I could from the school, diving in and swimming down as deep as I could. I got rid of my amour, wanting to feel the water along my skin. I started twitching, almost like my blood was boiling and in pain. I screamed out the sound being muffled by the water, feeling my tears mix with the sea. I curled in on myself, feeling like I was about to explode.

Alone.

All of a sudden, I felt all my strength leave me. I took a deep breath, breathing it out slowly. I felt so tired. I didn't even have the strength to open my eyes. I could stay here forever. I felt my body being pulled around like a rag doll from the sea. I knew I was sinking deeper and deeper in the water, the further down I went the calmer the water was. I felt myself start to relax.

Disappointment.

My heart beat once, really hard in my chest forcing my eyes open. In a flash, everything came back to me. Kai stealing a kiss. Using blood bending in front of people. Having Phoenix look at me like I was some kind of monster. I'm alone. I will always be alone.