Chapter 29

Warning: mature content (It's not too explicit though)

***************************

"Hello?"

"Liz, it's me."

"Oh hey, long time no spea-"

"Are you at work?" Harry asked, cutting her off.

"No, it's my day of-"

"Can you come ove-"

"Haz!" She was now the one to cut him off sharply. He could imagine her glaring at her phone because of her brother's antics. "Don't act so flipping annoying! If you want me to talk -let me talk!"

"I'm sorry.." He apologized half-heartedly. "It's just need you to come over. It's about Ollie."

Hearing the seriousness in his voice, she quickly answered. "I'm on my way, but be warned. I'm taking Bella with me."

***************************

45 minutes later, the doorbell rang.

Lizzy walked in with Bella trailing behind her as soon as Harry opened the door. "You could've told me you were at Moira's place, you doofus." She scolded, clearly irritated. "Would've prevented us from waiting at your door for 5 minutes."

"Doofus!" Bella repeated her mother, giggling as she excitedly reached up for her uncle. In return, Harry picked her up and threw the little girl over his shoulder. She shrieked, her short legs kicking. "Don't tickle me, uncle Haz!"

Not listening to her weak pleads, he did just that, making her mouth splutter with high-pitched giggles. Turning to his impatient sister, he set Bella back on her feet and shrugged. "Sorry, I thought you knew."

"You thought I knew?" She snorted. "I'm not even gonna answer that."

Strutting into the livingroom like she owned the place, she inspected the room. "Now where is that girlfriend of yours?"

Harry's stomach dropped. He looked like he'd been slapped. Since his meeting with Dr. Patel, things hadn't been the same between him and Moira. At first, he stressed and thought she knew about what he'd discovered. But after she'd dropped no hints whatsoever, he forgot about that.

It wasn't like they were awkward around each other, but they hadn't been kissing much. Just little pecks every now and then. He still slept next to her at night, so he didn't have much reason to complain. Nonetheless, something felt... off. Maybe he was what's off?

"She's not my-"

"I'm here!"

Moira came parading down the stairs with Ollie in the snuggle hold. She was dressed in an orange t-shirt that allowed onlookers to see an inch of her stomach; it wasn't flat but had just the right amount of meat to it, which was impressive for someone who'd given birth a few months ago. Over the t-shirt, she wore a burgundy hunting jacket. Underneath, jeans that had two different colored trouser legs -that looked oddly stylish. Her feet were clad in black, high heeled Chelsea boots and a grey beanie adorned her head. Both her and Ollie's bag were slung over one shoulder each. She looked simple, but to Harry- she was hands down the most breathtaking person he'd ever seen.

Ollie, however, was the pinnacle of cute: dressed in a soft-grey onesie, a beige jacket, tiny black converse and a black Batman beanie. If Harry didn't know any better, he'd say Oliver was one of those catalogue fashion kids. His level of adorable made him want to kiss his son all over his chubby face.

What surprised him most, and rendered him a little breathless, was the fact Moira hadn't corrected Lizzy from calling her his girlfriend. He decided not to comment on the fact, even though it affected him. Wordlessly, he lifted Ollie from her grip so that she could properly greet his sister. She shot him a quick smile, mouthing 'thanks'.