Chapter Eighteen.

"I can't believe you made us late, what the hell, this isn't highschool where you can pick and choose when you want to attend class, this is real life Donghyuck" Mark said pulling into Jungs Pizza Restaurant and parking into the first free spot he saw, Haechan rolled his eyes to cover his slight worry, Mark and Haechan both left the car in a hurry rushing towards the doors.

This was the first official meeting of the new group NCT and Haechan had to have woken up late and make Mark late as well, the pair pushed through the doors not expecting to see everyone at one of the booths laughing and talking, a few pizza dishes were spread across the table.

"Uh- I sorry we're late" Mark mumbled feeling Taeyong's eyes move towards him, Taehyung shrugged.

"It's fine, we were all just catching up, you haven't missed anything" Taeyong smiled making the weight on marks shoulders disappear, Haechan raised an eyebrow and walked past nudging his 'brother' and taking a seat off to the side of the group.

"Oh uh, that's good I guess" Mark said mainly just to fill the silence.

...

"Soo no show from donghyuck again" jieun mumled to herself sighing, it was the last Saturday detention and honestly jieun was kind of disappointed in him, just when he was taking five steps forward all of a sudden he's taken twenty steps back well that and also his affiliation with the new and improved NCT jieun couldn't help but feel a little worried.

"Who cares about him, let's get these chairs done for tomorrow" Jisung spoke coming from the stage, the boys were in charge of helping set up the auditorium while the theatre kids would decorate it for the talent show tomorrow.

"Excuse you, you have done nothing but hide behind those curtains so tag you're it" Chenle shouted from the other end of the hall dropping the stack of chairs he had while Jisung laughed silently heading towards him.

"So boys do any of you plan on coming to the show tomorrow?" The music teacher asked hailing in his own stack of chairs, trust music teacher Kim Namjoon to knock them over a few times before actually getting the hang of it.

"Maybe, I'm not sure if I can make it, not something I think I would like to spend my Sunday night doing, no offence" Renjun said moving a few of the chairs into their rows as they brought them over, Jisung agreed silently while Jeno just ignored the conversation altogether.

"Sure we'll come" Jaemin said earning a 'fuck me' response from Jeno who avoided eye contact with his friend, hey maybe he could ask his almost girlfriend that'll make it a little more bearable.

"That's uh unfortunate, well I was actually surprised at the turnout of participants and can wholeheartedly say that this years talent is quite remarkable" Mr Kim spoke with thought in his words while everyone including Jieun contemplated telling him that no one cares.

"That's nice, really nice"

...

Jihyo wasn't very accustomed to her new job yet, her cheeks hurt from the fake happiness and her arms were aching at how many times she'd have to reach into the back of the food cabinet because the old lady customer wanted the specific scone on the scone pile.

Don't ever get her started about all the people who ask for a latte with no foam.

But she must admit having a birds eye view of the type of people that come into the cafe is quite interesting, she's seen so many stories and so many worries she's also seen a lot of middle aged ladies with purse dogs.