I'll Stay

After an hour, but what seemed like an eternity, the pups managed to get baby Humdinger to sleep. They were all exhausted from running around to try and find something that was, in the slightest, entertaining to the blonde baby. It made them hungry and their legs were tired. They were all headed out of the entertainment room for food whilst the baby cuddled in a bundle of blankets and pillows.

Rocky stopped in his tracks and glanced at baby Humdinger again. He was surprised to see Marshall add an extra blanket to the baby and begin to make himself comfortable with the pillows surrounding the baby.

Rocky turned around and a confused expression covered his face as he examined the scenery. "Marshall, are you coming?" Rocky asked, waiting by the sliding doors in case Marshall wants to be accompanied to the dining room.

Marshall looked up and only noticed Rocky waiting for him. Marshall smiled, touched by the fact that his friend had waited for him. He shook his head. "I'll stay with baby Humdinger. I am quite tired, and I want to make sure nothing bad happens to him while you're gone," Marshall replied, with one of the sincerest smiles Rocky and the others loved to see.

Rocky shot Marshall an apologetic smile and exited the room. Baby Humdinger was a lot of work, even with all of them surrounding him. If baby Humdinger were to wake up, Marshall would have to deal with him on his own. Welp, he better eats fast and a lot then.