Chapter Twenty-eight

Miracle's POV

I layed in bed lifelessy staring at the lilac coloured wall across from me. Thinking about what happened in the past two and a half weeks. I've been laying here, every day. For hours at a time, before deciding to move around once in a while.

My door is locked most of the time. Whenever someone does come in, their efforts to get me out of here are always futile. I haven't been able to function properly. Not that I ever have. Lucious and Angelica are always trying to talk to me about going out. But I turned down every offer.

I honestly saw no point in it. Call me weak and pitiful for acting this way, if you wish. That's just how I feel about it. I never thought I'd get here.

Crying and drowning in sorrow over a guy. Huh. How far I've fallen.

I can see how tired and sad my family looks; how my mother is sleep deprived, how Maddie and Zavian have fallen behind in school because they're too stubborn to go back, while I'm.

Like, this.

I'm on antidepressants for God sake. I've been broken for a long time. But I was getting better. I was getting better because of Maddie, because of my mother, my bestfriends, my brother, Mathias, the friends I'd made while I was with Mathias.

But it wasn't enough. I've been smashed. There's little anyone can do to repair the tiny pieces that remain. Luce has told me that Mathias isn't doing good either. He's never been home alot and when he does come back, he's either: drunk or high. Tyler or Zack are the ones that usually bring him back.

He got into a fight with Oliver and Jace the other day, aswell. He's wounded badly. Luscious' mother had to take care of him. It's said that he won against Oliver. But he was only able to do so much damage to Jace.

I was worried about him and wanted to go see if he was okay, but I couldn't do it. See him would just make everything crash and burn. And I didn't want to set anything on fire just yet.

Cowardly I know. But can you blame me? Really?

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss him. I missed him so much it hurt to even think about it. I missed his stupid smile, I missed his laugh, the warmth of his hugs. Our movie nights/sleep overs. Lord I'd give anything for just one of those extra special sleep overs again.

Good lord, I'm so sick. And extremely sexual frustrated. For what reason? I don't know.

I know what you're thinking; "If you miss him so much why don't you just go talk to him."

Look I know he loves me. I saw it in his eyes. You can always tell, if you look deep in the eyes. And I love him, so much. But how could you not tell the one you love, that you're relationship started because of a stupid bet?

My phone dinged, signaling a new message. I usually ignored it these days but I chose not to this time. I unlocked my phone, then opened my my snapchat to see who messaged me.

I saw that it was from Angelica. I opened it to see that it was a video of her and Luce. "Hey bestie! Uh we just wanted to say that we love you, and can't wait to see you tomorrow." They both sent a kiss through the phone and the video concluded.