Chapter Three

Miracle's POV

I woke up drenched in sweat with the sun shining right in my eyes. Ugh why me! I mentally cursed myself for leaving my curtains open last night.

I got up and looked in the mirror. As usual I looked awful, my hazil eyes dull and lifeless. My hazelnut hair was tousled and stuck to my face as though life depended on it.

Dark circles were forming around my eyes, my skin was pale. Over all I just looked horrible. I know I was pretty but sometimes I don't feel like that statement rang with any truth.

I did my usual morning routine and headed downstairs as I got futher I heard music coming from the kitchen. Reggae! It was one of my favorites. Paper loving by Christopher Martin.

My mothers parents were Caribbean more specifically they were born and raised in Trinidad and Tobago. She lived there aswell up until she was seventeen. She came here to study in a good college get a good job.

She met my father in college and the rest is history. I listened as my mother's melodious voice rang through the air. So I joined in " If yuh can't love meh now doh love meh later. When muh later is much greater." I sang. She turned around when she heard me singing and smiled.

"If yuh can't love meh now doh love meh later. When muh later is much greater. Cuh me nah wah no impersonator." We heard behind us. It was maddie.

We all continued singing and me and maddie helped mom cook. That's when Zavi came down. I swear if you want his attention you have to have food. "Morning, baby." Mom greeted him setting his food on the kitchen counter.

"Mornin' ma." He said stuffing his face. "Mornin' Zavi, try not to choke." I said ruffling his already messy hair. He nodded muttering a muffled 'morning' As he ate his breakfast. When he hadn't issued this greeting to Maddie. She took it upon herself to pester him. He rolled his eyes "Goodmorning to you too sis" He huffed getting annoyed.

"Good morning wonderful big brother of mine." She smiled hopefully. "No," was his instant response. "Come on you didn't even let me finish!" She huffed, getting closer to him. "Dy cuz I doh wah hear it" he said in a Trinidadian accent. " Yuh gettin betta Zavi!" Mom spoke proudly.

He smirked cockily at maddie and she just glared at him " Chupid mudda cu-" she began almost letting it slip but mom already caught on.

She glowered at her and said "Lil girl. Go upstairs an get ready for school!" She whisper yelled. Maddie sent one last glare to a smirking Zavi as she climbed up the stairs to her room.

She always encouraged us to know about where we came from and to embrace our culture. We go on vacation in Trinidad every summer and occasionally Christmas as a family.

This year I get to take Lucious and Angelica with us again. We always had fun there so mom let me bring them sometimes even some of Maddie and Zavi's friends have came on some trips with us.

She always kept an eye on us, made sure we were being safe and didn't go around getting in trouble. But what she didn't know, was that we sometimes used what we learned to confuse some of our peers at school and sometimes in public.

Mostly curse words to piss of assholes at school. Mom doesn't know that we know those "forbidden phrases" but she and/or our grandparents say it infront of us by accident.

After breakfast we all got ready for school. I was wearing a black ripped jeans with black beads around the rips and a white shirt and a flannel wrapped around my waist.

I had on black combat boots, my hair was in a messy bun. I chose not to wear much make up today and just go with some lip gloss and a little blush. I took my backpack and headed back downstairs.