Chapter 1 - Heart Broken

Chat Noir had just finished patrol, and asked Ladybug to come and see him. "M'lady!" Chat stood up and walked towards Ladybug as she had just arrived. "So, what's up kitty? Are you okay? Did you need to tell me something?" She asked him worriedly. She looked over at him as they approached each other. Chat pulled his arm out from behind his back and extended his arm towards Ladybug with a smile and tinted cheeks. "Nothing wrong bugaboo, I just wanted to see your pretty face and give you this rose, I picked it out just for you while on patrol!" Chat exclaimed happily.

Ladybug reached over and grabbed the rose, then clenching it between her hands as she rose it to her face to smell it. He started at her impatiently as he waited from a response from her. "Oh, I also wanted to talk to you about something.." Chat looked a bit confused as he walked over to the edge of the building and took a seat. "Then lets talk, M'lady. Come, sit." He said calmly with a light smile. Ladybug sat down next to him, rose still in hand."

"Chat.. Do you love me..?" She asked hesitantly. He turned over to her to meet her gaze, as she broke the contact looking down at her feet. "Yes, M'lady. I have since the day we met.. When we defeated Stone Heart.. Why do you ask all of a sudden?" Ladybug lets out a heavy sigh. "Chat.. You need to move on.. I didn't want to ever have to say this to you because I knew it would hurt like a bitch, but I can't just keep sitting around letting you love me hopelessly.." Chat looked at the city and let out a small giggle as he grinned. "Havent you realized I'm going to love you even if you don't love me, Bugaboo? I know you don't love me yet, but when Oblivio happened and our memories were erased, we fell for-" "Chat. Our memories were erased and we probably knew things we shouldn't have. I'm sorry Chat, but you need to move on from me.. Its hopeless. You're just going to hurt yourself more in the long run. I'm sorry, Chat. I need to go now." She got up and walked away, as she let out a painful heavy sigh and swung her yo-yo, then zipped away.

Chat couldn't believe what he just heard. He felt as if his whole world had just fallen apart. He sat there, quietly sobbing until tears began to fall from his eyes, off of the roof and down to the alley way beneath him. He had always known deep down that it was a low chance she'd love him as well, but he didn't want to give up and now.. He was being told by the girl he loved to move on, and his world shattered. He lost the girl he'd never had. She was too far from his reach. He got up, and extended his baton to lead him home. Once he arrived home, all he could manage to do was lay in bed. He didn't even detransform, he just waited for his transformation to wear off. He fell asleep soon after Plagg flew out of his ring, though he restlessly woke up through out the night on multiple occasions. When he attended school the next day, everyone seemed to notice he was off.

"Adrien..?" He looked up slowly to see a blue haired girl standing in front of him with a sour face. "Are you okay..? You look tired and beat.." Marinette said softly. "Y..yeah, I just slept bad, I guess.." He replied quietly, to the point where it was hardly even talking. It was almost just mumbling. He walked to class and sat down in his seat, resting his head on the desk. He was like this for a while, and nobody really said or did anything because anytime they asked him if he was okay, he'd just smile and say he slept bad. He had still been showing uo to fight akumatized parisians but he no longer flirted, he no longer used stupid puns, and he no longer called Ladybug anything other than Ladybug. About 4 days after this started, Marinette decided to try and invite him to do something go see if he would even budge.

"Hey Adrien!" Marinette said with a smile as she waved at him. He looked up and softly smiled, waving back. "Alya, Nino, and I are going over to Luka's later to listen to some of Kitty Sections new songs, and I was wondering if you were going to practice? " Adrien debated saying no, but it wasn't like he had anything better to do. He looked up at her with a smile. "If my father will allow me to go, I'd love to." He said softly. Marinette's face lit up with joy as she giggled happily. "Great! We're heading over around 12 tomorrow, so I'll see you there!" She skipped off, to go tell Alya and the others that he'd be going with them. He smiled and shook his head as he giggled. She's really something else, isn't she? She can never stop herself from helping someone in need. He thought to himself as the bell rang, he got up and headed outside as he waited for his car to arrive.