Chapter 34-March 2016

TK

"TYLER KENNEDY!!!!!!! You made it, little man," shouts Trevor from his table at the cafe. Jamie turns around and gives me a massive smile.

I can't help but return it in kind and run up into Trevor's outstretched arms and get his trademark bear hug.

"God, I've missed you both a crazy amount," I say as he spins me around. Once he sets me down, I catch my breathe and ask, "what's the plan tonight?"

Jamie smiles at me with her evil grin, "we're going to a party at Trevor's frat. Don't make my face."

I know I grimaced hard at the idea of going to a frat party.

"Don't they usually hate gay people?" I ask and look at Trevor. I know he would never be a part of it if they were actively anti-LGBT, but still, it's a thing.

He shakes his head, "I mean, it's not the most PROGRESSIVE place, but one of the brothers is gay, and so's one of the other pledges."

"Seeeeeeee. It'll be a lot of fun," says Jamie and pulls me with her as Trevor takes my bag off my shoulder.

The campus looks beautiful this time of year; I actually don't know that beyond the pictures they post. Today it's snowy, the campus is right up against the mountains, and I can see why so many kids want to come here from all over Colorado.

"I can't believe how pretty it is here," I say wistfully and take Jamie's hand.

"I wish you were coming here, TK. I mean, obviously, go to New York, but this would be so much fun," she says and takes Trevor's hand as we all walk to his dorm.

When we get there, I'm a little shocked at its size. There are 4 rooms with a shared living room and kitchen and two bathrooms. Similar to Ryan's layout I think.

"This is insane. I'm regretting my choice now," I say, and I plop down on the couch.

"What's NYU going to be like on that front," asks Trevor as he sits next to me and signals for Jamie to sit on his lap.

"You know my bedroom back home?" I say, and they nod. "Picture that and add two beds and a bathroom. The hall was built in the 80s."

"Oof TK. That's gonna suck," says Jamie with a smile, and I nod, looking around at Trevor's dorm.

"Ok, enough about my terrible life choice to move to New York. A. Where am I sleeping? B. What's the non-party plan this weekend."

"Honestly? Nothing. Just the three of us being great, and you're sleeping on Brett's bed there," says Trevor, and he points to an open door. "He's staying with his girlfriend this weekend for you, and Jamie is crashing here too."

"You say that like the two of you don't spend every night together," I say and nudge her leg.

She puts on a shocked face, "excuse me. I am a good girl. Plus, with the money the school spends on us being here, we only spend the night together like 4 nights a week."

"Plus, a twin bed for two adults is NOT a good thing, man. I barely fit as it is, but my goddess is worth it," says Trevor with a kiss on her shoulder.

Trevor and Jamie are so perfect together. She's loud and high-strung sometimes, and Trevor always pulls her back. He's so easygoing that he can get stepped on sometimes, and Jamie helps him stand up for himself. "You two are so perfect," I say with a loving voice, and they just smile.

"I actually thought you and Ryan were perfect together too," says Jamie without missing a beat, "what's happening there?"

"Smooth," I say with an eye roll.