#Old Wounds#

...Few years ago
After Jenny yelled for her mom, Andrew was rushed to the hospital.

In the waiting room

"Mom, what's wrong with Andrew?
Why did he fall." Little Jenny asks tearily.

"Em- he- he- em" Jenny's mom stutters not knowing how to respond to her question.
"Hmm" She sighs, clearing her throat, she squats, then puts a hand on Jenny's shoulder.
"Remember that day when you and Antonio decided to play in the rain?" She asked suddenly.

"Yah." Jenny replied confusingly.

"And how much he coughed since he caught a cold." She added playfully.

"Hmm huh." Jenny nods in response.

"Well, your brother's also a little ill like that too." She concluded getting up.

"But he didn't play in the rain." Jenny questions.

"Well you don't need to play in the rain to catch a cold." Her mom replied, then the doctor came.

"Mr doctor, what's wrong with my brother? My mom says it's a cold, but I don't believe her, cause an ordinary cold couldn't make a tough guy cough blood and faint." Jenny concluded anxiously.

The doctor gave her an amused glare, then said;
"You're a smart one, aren't you?" playfully, robbing her hair.
"But I'd prefer this remains between I and your parents." He added turning to them.
"Can I speak to you guys in private?" He questioned turning to them.

"Sure." Jenny's dad replied.

They were about following him, but Jenny kept following them.

"Jenny- please- we'd be back soon. I promise." Mrs Custer pleaded, but wouldn't listen, until her dad scolded her to stay.

"Jennifer Custer, listen to your mother." He yelled at her, then left with the doctor.

"We'd be back soon, okay." Her mom added, then whispered to Antonio to keep watch over her, before going to join Jenny's dad and the doctor, who were already far ahead of her.

Jenny still wanted to leave, but Antonio stopped her.
"Come on Jenny, your mom said to wait here. I know you're worried about your brother, but you need to be patient." He pleaded, holding her back.

"I can't be patient. We both know my mom wouldn't tell me the truth once they get back. This is my only chance to figure out what's wrong with my brother." Jenny rejects tearily.

"Fine, but I'm coming with you." Antonio concluded letting her go, he followed closely behind.

At the doctor's office

The doctor was inside talking with Jenny's parents, while Jenny ease drops from outside, and Antonio keeps a look out.

"The Cancer's back." He said sadly.

"Its what!" Mrs Custer yells in tears, then her husband pulls her to his chest.

"How? I thought you guys said it was gone." Mr Custer asks curiously.

"Well, that's what we thought, but after today's test returned, it showed that it was back, and even worse. That's why he's been coughing blood. It's already damaging some vital organs in his body." The doctor replies sadly.

"No, no, no." Mrs Custer chanted sadly as she sobbed on her husband's chest.

"So, what now?" Jenny's dad asked again.