-New or Old-

At the b- ball court ⚾ 🏀

Jenny walked in still feeling uncertain about coming.

I was finally here again. Took a few wrong turns but I made it.
But I still had this unsettling feeling, I'm pretty sure seeing that thin long face first thing again wasn't best for me at this point.

As she made her way in, she was surprised to meet only those who were there for the tryouts.
There was technically no where to hide.

What was worse. That it seemed like they were done for the day, or that Julie was here.

Immediately she saw me, she flipped her black silky hair to the back, then made her way towards me.

I'm pretty sure it's not too late to make a run for it.

"Jennifer!" She said with a smirk on her face.
"What a coincidence, meeting you twice in one week."

"Its not much of that since we both go here."

I spotted some of those thin headed friends of hers. I'm guessing that's why she has so much of them. It's probably cause she's captain or something.

I mean don't get me wrong, she's cool and all, but her character wouldn't let it.

"Yah- sure. Always such a buzz kill." She murmured, but I could make out what she said.
"So, what brings you here?" She asks afterwards.

"Eh.."

One- I could make up a lie- or two- run for it.

"I'm here for the tryouts." I replied.

Sticking with the truth I guess.

"Oh!" She sighed amusingly

"What?" I asked confusingly

"I just didn't take you to be the sports type." She replied,

"Sure." I replied looking away.

"You should've come earlier though, as you can see, tryouts are over for today. The Captain already left with her friends." She explained.

"Oh, really?"

Damn, I was glad she wasn't the captain.

"Hmm huh." she replied

"Great, I'd just come back tomorrow then. Thanks." I concluded with a smile.
Then I began rushing off to the entrance before the others spot me and begin an unwanted relationship.

"Wasn't that your Bestie from highschool. What's her name again..." I heard one of them say, as I stepped out

"Jenny!" Another one replied.

"Yah, Jennifer." She added again.

"Yeah." I heard Julie reply.

"Why did she leave so soon though?"

"hmm." She hummed with a shrug, acting oblivious.

Fweee. I escaped that one.

*******************************

....Next day...

After lectures

Time to get my game face on.

Once Miss too good to be here was out. I headed straight to the court.
Knowing that Julie wasn't Captain made me have more hope.

I got in earlier today, so I was met with a crowd of teen girls on a cue.

I rushed to go join them, when a lady bashed by me to steal my spot.