Chalter 26 - Part 2

Start from the beginning

They headed out towards a tavern Ad'hm was familiar with, going through every store they saw on the way.

"Well, I'm set." Danil patted his bag full of souvenirs. "You didn't buy anything. I'm sure Araya would have loved those earrings you ogled at for an hour."

"Shut it!" Ad'hm pushed through the door of the "Open Bosom"

Danil stopped for a moment to frown at the sign, he second guessed his step before walking past the local's threshold and followed in reluctance. Inside a joyful atmosphere with pleasant floral smells washed over him. Beautiful women, skimpily dressed, tended tables and laughed with their patrons. "I see why you'd be familiar with such place." Danil commented.

"Ad'hm, sugar." A woman with flawless tan skin rushed over, her clothes left nothing to the imagination. She smiled seductively at the man, grabbing his hand and placing her chest tight on his shoulder. "Came for your usual?"

"Not today, Jamira." Ad'hm said embarrassed and pushed the woman away. "Just a private table for two, bring us a warm meal and cold ale when you have a moment.

"I don't even want to know..." Danil shook his head in disapproval. "Creators have mercy on your soul."

"It's not what you think..."

"How many times do you even visit Elo'yn to get a 'usual'. This is my first time even if I had plenty of missions nearby." Danil asked as he followed the woman to the back. The light was dim and pleasant.

"Every chance I get. I grew up here before I went to become a Wielder." he replied and settled at the table. It was just as he remembered it, the low ceiling, backrooms for nightly visits and delicious smelling food and great ale but as much as he ate and drank and laughed and sang with the rest of the patrons of the Open Bosom there was one intrusive thought that he could not escape from. Araya. She had communicated to them a while ago that she had found the location where they kept Lwora and will report once she had more information. Not one word came from her after that and he pondered daily to check on her but something kept him from doing so. She has been the only woman in his life to ever reject him. At first he saw her as a challenge, a peak to be conquered, and before he knew it he fell deeply in love with her. She wasn't like any other woman that flung themselves at his feet. She was independent, fair, intelligent, kind, and so powerful. She thought for herself and even stood up to the Emperor when she needed to. Many lives have been saved by just having the guts to say no to that man.

"You're thinking about her again, aren't you?" Danil asked. Ad'hm looked away, he already had one too many. "I told you, just get those earrings, she'll love them. I noticed she only wears studs so they're a good choice, and her color." Ad'hm looked at him in confusion. "What? I told you I have two daughters."

"It's not that, I'm not concerned about the earrings. We haven't heard anything back from her and I'm worried." Ad'hm admitted.

"Don't be a fool, Ad'hm. She's stronger than both of us put together, do you think a wormy head of the Order that bribed his way up will stand a chance?" Danil laughed. "Now quit your moping and dink! Another one!" He yelled for Jamira.

"I know show's powerful, but I have this heavy feeling in my gut, -"

"Hello boys!" A woman much unlike the rest of the wenches, fully clothed in a dark blue overcoat, underneath flowed a thick bluer, and a black shawl on top. Her raven hair tight neatly in a bun, with round face and beady eyes that stared into their very soul.

"Can we help you, m'am" Ad'hm replied annoyed.

"Oh, but I am here to make meself useful." The woman did a bad curtsy.