36. Time's Ticking

Start from the beginning

"The train for this plan to work doesn't go on route for another 3 months." she said unconfidently.

"Is there not one any sooner." Thomas asked.

"I would have got that time if there was one." Finn answered.

"It's the only chance we have, for the plan to go safely with minimal things to go wrong, rather than be ambushed the second we walk into a WCKD base." Athena tried to reason.

"It's fine, hermana. Well done." Jorge interjected.

Athena nodded her head slightly looking down at the ground slightly.

4 months later 

"I don't know what i'm gonna do Fry." Athena breathed out, as her and Fry sat on some rocks away from the crowd.

"What do you mean?" he asked as he ate his soup.

"If this plan doesn't work."

"It will."

"But what if it doesn't. I'm just scared somethings going to go wrong then I will be stuck here feeling like an idiot, because I couldn't save my bestfriend." she said, tears starting to brim her eyes.

"You can't be serious right now. Come on, Thea! Seriously!" he chuckled, putting his soup down. "Who was the one that saved Thomas from Ben when he got attacked."

"Me." she mumbled

"Who basically babysat, Thomas and Minho in the maze and killed a Griever?" he asked, putting his arm around her shoulder.

"Me." she repeated.

"And who saved Newt from the maze, when he got lost?"

"Me." she said hesitantly.

"Exactly, you. You did, all those times, they all could have died but they didn't because you save them. Half of us wouldn't have been here today if it wasn't for you." he said rubbing arm up and down comfortingly.

"I just feel so stressed about it. Like you, Newt and Thomas are counting on this to work and I'm just scared to let you guys down." she confessed, leaning into him.

"Well let me inform you, when I say that if this doesn't work I will not be mad. Maybe disappointed but it wouldn't be at you. It would be just the fact it didn't go as planned. Not everything does. And I can assure you Newt and Thomas will not blame you. So just drop it okay?"

"Okay." she nodded, after a few moments she smirked and looked up at the boy. "Is there something going on between you and Brenda?"

"Me and Brenda?" Frypan breathed out. "No, no, I cannot say there is."

"You know I can tell when people are lying right."

"I did in fact not know that." Fry replied, causing the two to laugh. "I don't know what it is right now. I feel something for her, but I don't know what."

"I would say wait it out. Just let all the chaos and stress die down then think about it." Athena replied.

"Will do." Fry said nodding his head sarcastically.

5 months 

"I lied in the Glade." Athena said.

"What do you mean?" Newt said looking at her as she played with his hair.

"This is how I like your hair." she said referring to how it was longer and puffy. Newt just laughed, and they sat in a comfortable silence.

"This is nice." Newt mumbled as Athena laid on his bare chest.

"I would have to agree with you." she chuckled, kissing his lower neck.

"Just me and you." he breathed out as he traced random patterns on her back. "How long do you have to keep that on?" he asked gestering to the bangade round her hand and wrist.

"Um a few more months what about you?" she asked back referring to his wrist.

"Around the same time." he replied, but Athena could see right through it.

"I'm glad you still wear this." she said playing with the ring connected to the chain.

"Haven't taken it off since. Why did you think I would?"

"No, just thought you would have put it on the night stand or something."

"Well I promised to wear it didn't it. And I meant every word of that." he said leaning down and locking their lips in a passionate kiss.

Grabbing her thighs he pulled her up so she was straddling him, as his hands stayed on her hips his thumb rubbed them as they continued to share heavy kisses.

Feeling a change of skin under his thumb he released from the kiss and looked down to see a scar he hadn't seen before. "Where's this from?"

"Oh, It's my official Crank injury. I got mine the same day as Brenda, but turned out I was fine." Athena answered, but when she got it she knew she would be fine, but she didn't want to tell Newt that and remind him about the files that were under their bed.

"Well, i'm glad you're okay." he said.

"It's just another to the list of scars, I hardly notice anymore." hearing the insecurity come from her own words Newt took it upon himself to kiss every single scar on her body, leading them to a night of meaningful lust and love.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------