Oh Heck My Conics!

Start from the beginning

   "How did you know he was a rude teacher? Trucy didn't even mention it." Apollo asked, confused.

   "Magician's secret," Thalassa waved off with a wink, pushing Apollo out of the car before driving off. That left Apollo face-to-face with someone who definitely shouldn't be there. They took off running into the school as soon as they realized they'd been caught.

   Apollo chased after them, eventually stopping at the usual table he sat with the squad, as Athena and Ema call it. The initiator of the chase was trying their best to hide behind the previously mentioned ginger. It didn't work out too well considering Athena was a full four inches shorter than him.

   Apollo glared at his taller friend. "Clay, what the hell are you doing here?"

   The future astronaut shifted to Athena's side instead of behind her. "Too much free time, not enough to do. People at the office said it's fine as long as I don't disturb any classes."

   "Oh great, space-boy's here," a voice that definitely just got used for the first time that day grumbled.

   "Morning, 'Shit Stain on the Wall'."

   "Excuse you, it's 'Walking Shit Stain', Mr. Homeschooler. Get it right," Ema corrected him. She plopped herself down on the table.

   Athena looked over at her, concerned. "Did you get enough sleep last night?" Ema mumbled something unintelligible in response. "I'll take that as a 'no'."

   "Ema's insults suck when she's this tired," Clay said.

   "Lana didn't let me have my fucking coffee."

   "What happened this time?"

   "Coffee pot too big to drink from."

   "You just rest a bit, how 'bout that?" Athena suggested, patting Ema on the back. "We'll wake you up before class starts." Ema's lack of verbal response with her head smacked against the table seemed to be the right answer. Athena turned towards Apollo. "Where's Klavier this morning?"

   Apollo shrugged. "He's probably off with his other friends. Daryan doesn't usually join us in the mornings anyway."

   "I have no idea who that second person is," Clay said, finger-gunning.

   "Didn't expect you to. It's almost 8:10. Who are you going with?" Apollo asked.

   Clay looked around the group. "I'll go with Ema. Sounds more interesting than your boring Latin class. Plus I don't want to get in the way of you and your replacement best friend, you traitor."

   "It's just Klavier, Clay. He isn't anywhere close to being my best friend, you idiot. I don't have to stop him from trying to fuck the moon."

   "Yet."

   "Clay, no."

   "You never know. It could happen."

   "You're beginning to sound like my mom," Apollo grimaced.

   Clay held an offended hand to his chest. "I'll have you know that your mom is a very nice lady."

   "She may be, but Trucy and my step-uncle are not."

   "Don't doubt that. I mean your step-uncle isn't even a lady."

   "Clay!"

   "I'm not wrong! His hair may suggest otherwise, but he's definitely not a lady. He's just a pretty man that would likely be able to kick both our asses in a fight blindfolded. Can't say if he's nice or not though. You don't invite me over anytime he's over," Clay huffed.

   Apollo just looked at him. "You've personally invited yourself nearly every single time you've been over."

   "Thalassa said the doors were always open."