28| Chapter twenty eight

Start from the beginning

Sometimes, I feel like I suffer for the mistakes of everyone. Hell, Zoe was the one who suggested the idea that we attend the party which I was strongly against at.

I don't get why I'm the only one suffering the consequences when we all did the deed.

She waved me over to the window of the car with a stake look on her face. "If you like, still continue to do rubbish with those boys you allow to touch you anyhow. After all, you're a prostitute, kuku act like ashewo nah."

I rushed to my class in tears.

Time passed and soon, break came. I walked beside Mike whom I had grown well accustomed with within three days, dragging my feet lazily across the corridor.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Micheal asked me, linking my upper forearm with his to keep me steady on my feet. "You should sit down, I'll get you something to eat."

"No, I'm fine, let's go—" I stopped my sentence once I saw Zeke standing in front of me, his hands in front of him with a sick nervous smile on his face.

I rolled my eyes and dragged Mike past him.

"Ruth please, listen to me. What happened on Saturday night isn't what you think it is." He grabbed my arm and pulled me back towards him much to my dismay and bubbling anger within me.

I snatched my arm away from him, the force making him stagger on his feet. "Well, you weren't what I thought either. Now, life isn't always fair, is it?"

"I still need to explain, just give me a chance to explain—" Continuous beeps resounded around the whole school, those type that indicated notification pop-ups.

I frowned as I brought out my phone. From the corner of my eye, I saw Ezekiel— not the Zeke that I used to know, Mike and a few students bring out their phone.

A video stared at me in the eyes.

I played it.

The scene started from Zeke walking up the stairs.

Everything seemed really clear as if whoever recorded it deliberately did it, and removed all sound while at it too.

Then come the two disgusting barbies. I saw then talking, it seemed as if they were arguing about something. Grace pulled him towards her and placed a kiss on his lips without his permission.

He pulled back to my greatest delight.

But then, she mumbled some words and Zeke pulled her towards himself, kissing her hard on the lips with his hands wandering round her body.

Willingly might I hard, and he seemed quite excited doing it.

I paused the video and looked up at Ezekiel, trying so hard to push the tears to the back of my eyes.

I'm definitely not going to cry over a guy I thought was the best for me.

"I-I-It was a mistake Ruth, please forgive me. They blackmailed me and I didn't have any other option but to do— that."

I didn't know what compelled me to slap him hard across his face. At that moment, it just seemed like the right thing to do.

"Stop making excuses for your foolishness!" I screamed at him in anger.

By now, people had begin to gather around us.  Nosy ass people who couldn't just mind their business, curious people who had come to find out if it was all true.

"R-Ruth, I swear I'm not lying to you, they blackmailed me!" I rolled my eyes and willed myself not to cry.

It would be a waste of time killing a piece of shit like him, especially in the presence of Juniors and my classmates.

I heard people's whispers around me, some judging, some disgusted, and some pitiful.

I knew their relationship wouldn't last, couple of the year my foot.

Chai, Ruth too don chop breakfast.

I told you love was fake!

I feel so bad for her, she's really a nice girl o.

She doesn't deserve this. First, she was raped at a party, and now she's getting cheated on by her first boyfriend.

That spiked my attention. I turned towards the owner of the voice with fear in my voice. "What did you just say?"

She quirked her brows up. "Oh, you didn't hear? Ezekiel told everyone you got raped back in the US, and that he's only dating you because he was dared to."

I turned to Ezekiel and glared at him with hatred on my face. "Is it true?"

"I-I- Ruth please—"

"Answer me you idiot!" I screamed at him.

"Yes." He muttered quietly that I barely even heard him.

I laughed and shook my head, feeling utmost anger pulsing through my veins.

I slapped him twice on both of his cheeks. "A  bastard, that's what you are."

I bumped past him, walking away with Mike hot on my heels.