18| Chapter eighteen

How are you doing sweeties? Don't even ask why we decided to update at past 1am, lol but low-key expect an update atleast twice a week for the next two weeks or so x.

-

"Wear that pink gown, it's more suitable than all this church clothes you stocked into your closet." Zoe said as she helped me pick out suitable clothes for my date.

Her nose is scrunched up in a twist and her eyebrows are furrowed in anger.

I don't blame her though, we've been doing this—picking out clothes—for the past three hours.

I don't even understand how I managed to be energetic during those hours when all I wanted was to sit down and rest my butt, but I get excitement does that to you.

I shook my head, I dislike the color pink.

"You know I hate pink, it's too flashy for a first date."

She rolled her eyes at me as she dumped the dress right on the dumpster of unorganized clothes on my floor.

God knows I'll be doing a very big task in arranging them back.

"Why did you now buy it when you know you weren't going to wear it?"

"I didn't buy it, aunty Jumoke gave it to me for Christmas."

"No wonder." She commented as she shook her head in understanding.

Aunty Jumoke is our uncle's wife that lives in the United States. She's a fashion freak, with most of her clothes in the color pink.

Hell, she even dyed her Dog—a white American husky—to pink.

And to believe that we'll be spending atleast a month there for our holidays, I just hope my mind doesn't go offset before I come back to Nigeria.

Zoe turned to face me again, her face set in utmost anger. "I'm really tired of helping you pick out clothes jare, did he even tell you where you guys were going?"

I shook my head, "No, he just said to wear something casual and comfortable."

"Mumu! And you didn't even tell me since—"

I interrupted her. "Who are you calling mumu, do I look like your mate? If I land you slap ehn."

She ignored me. She pushed me aside as she basically ransacked my wardrobe, pulling out anything and everything out of boxes.

"Abegi, shut up jare. You better sit down and let me help you find something good to wear before you end up going to your date like the bummer that you are." She pushed me arm and I fell back on the bed.

Well, more rest and freedom for me.

"You better even hope he's not planning to take you to a suya joint or that would be really hideous for a first date." She said as she picked up a blue ripped jeans skirt and placed it on the bed next to me.

Honestly, I hadn't even thought of that. He could take me to the worst location of all places and I would still be grateful.

It's the thought that he put into it that matters, not the quality.

Atleast, he even thought of asking someone like me out, that's a plus one.

"Just pick out an attire for me." I murmured as I hissed.

"How about this? It's look cute." She asked as she held up a ripped jeans jacket, ripped jean skirt and a small sports bra-like top with chains hanging off it.