26| Chapter twenty six

A/N: Should we add Nigerian slangs in the book or just complete English?

-

"This better fit me or else I'll go inside and sleep, and never bother to come outside again." I hissed as I tried to squeeze myself into a really tight red gown Zoe had picked for me. "It's not as if I'm interested in attending that stupid party."

In her words, I needed to go outside more and see where life has to take me. Unfortunately, her own idea of fun involves dressing so tight that you could hardly feel your lungs, and chugging alcohol down your throat like it was a fucking apple drink.

I inhaled a sharp breath as the dress finally passed through my waistline, ending a little above my knees.

Damn, I can hardly feel my blood stream pump blood through my body.

"Ruth, are you ready? We're running late because of you nah, what's taking you so long?" Zoe shrieked dissappointedly as she barged into my room with full force.

I mutter a small prayer under my breath— Oh Lord, please prevent me from killing someone's child today. I still have my WAEC to write and a lot to achieve. Please help me God, amen.

After my small prayer, I turned to face Zoe with anger all over my face. "Are you stupid or something? It's barely even seven yet, and Zeke who's supposed to be our ride isn't here yet, so can you chill?"

She rolled her eyes in obvious annoyance. "It's Zion you're angry at, but I don't even understand why you're transferring your anger to me. Honestly, you're the one that should calm down, not me."

My eyes snapped towards her as she began to murmur. "What did you just say?"

"Nothing." With an eyeroll and a brutal slam of the door, she was already out of my room.

With an huff, I picked up a brush and began to comb through my thick hair. I had loosed it a few days ago with the intention of making another over the weekend, but my time schedule had been so tight that I could barely squeeze hair making into it.

I slicked it up in a tight bun and added Cantu oil to make it a little curly, more fuller and bouncy on the top of my head. To finish my look, I applied a minimal quantity of styling gel to my edges and slicked it down to make it more blended.

I had also opted for a simple makeup— just some nude eyeshadow, eyeliner, powder and a transparent lipgloss, completely different from the look Zoe was spoting. I slipped on a pair of white vans before picking up a small purse to keep my phone and keys, and then bouncing down the stairs two at a time.

I spotted Zion and Zoe already sitting on a sofa waiting for me. They were both on their phones, barely looking up when I came inside.

When they did, I made sure to avoid Zion's eye and instead looked else where but at him.

I'm not ready for his childishness right now.

"Are you guys ready?" I asked from the kitchen as I stopped on a cook bottle of water to chill my nerves.

I heard Zoe scoff from the living room, and then footsteps coming closer to the kitchen.

"See me see jamb question o, you're asking us if we're ready as if you weren't the one we were waiting for." Another scoff, and then a hiss followed.