16| Chapter Sixteen

Noise filled the hall as everyone was gisting with their friends about God knows what. No teacher was around of course, if not we would all be kneeling outside under the sun.

"Care to share what you all are talking about?" A voice boomed from the podium.

Immediately, all eyes turned towards the voice. Lo and behold, in flesh and blood stood Mr Ajayi our great principal.

In fact, every one held their breath. It's funny the type of effect this man has on all of us.

Even teachers tremble in his presence.

"Ok, since you all have gone dumb all of a sudden, I guess the morning assembly can commence." He broke the silence again.

♪♪♪

"Once you all can change your mentality, I think corruption in this country will be eradicated. It breaks my heart when I remember you guys are our future leaders. I don't even look forward to that 'future'." Mrs James, our Civic teacher rounded up her rigorous teaching.

More than half of her time was spent on her insulting us about our character and she criticizing us about why we can never make it in life.

We all grumbled back at her.

Imagine the big insult.

"You better shut the trash can you call mouths now!"  She thundered and tye whole class shivered with fear. For being a woman, she had an unusual thick voice that makes students almost urinate on their panties anytime she shouts.

She almost blinded a student while beating him with a cane just because he failed to put on plain white socks.

"Immediately I step out of your class, your civic notes should follow me because it is going to represent ten marks out of your CCA test since you guys refuse to write notes in school. This should serve as a lesson to you, miscreants." She hissed out the last part but I heard her because my seat was situated at the front row.

She packed her notes, eyed us for dramatic effect and walked out.

She could go to an audition for a ring and she'd surely win.

After hearing that, the class turned upside down. People who were not writing down their notes rushed up to borrow notes to copy into their own notes. The class captain, Dominic stood up to start gathering the notes.

"Dominic chill now, what's doing you?"

"Leave him o, make he dey form because his note is complete." Onome hissed, eyeing Dominic with her big eyes.

"Ode, you still get mouth to talk instead of you to concentrate on completing your note." Samson countered her, also giving her the stink eye.

You should have seen how fast Onome turned her head towards him. I saw another battle coming up, so I quickly pulled Onome back.

"Ignore  him. Hurry up with the note abeg." I begged her.

Dominic was running late and he was torn between obeying the teacher's orders and staying back so as not to get on his classmates black book.

I really felt for him that minute.

"Make una do fast na." I shouted at them.

"We hear you, shut up Ezekiel's wife."
Someone from the backseat shouted back.

What the hell?

The whole class erupted in laughter. I sat my ass down back on my seat embarrassed as fuck.