28| Chapter twenty eight

Börja om från början

I finally had enough.

I spun towards him and grabbed him by his collar towards me. "Guy, free me nah. I already told you I was forced by those girls, plus I didn't even do anything with them— atleast not willingly. Besides, if your stupid self had just left me alone, then I definitely wouldn't be in this mess that I am now."

"I should free you abi? No problem." He said as he walked out of the room, banging the door after him.

I sighed as I ran my hands over my tired face.

To be sincere, I now understand why society critics judge you according to the nature of friends you have. Friends are like scissors, you either put them to good use to empower you, or they cut you.

Friends make you who you're sixty percent of the time because they define you.

I sighed again.

Where do I even start from at this point?

-

Ruth's POV (Point of view)

This past few days has been fast, and at the same time, hard.

Especially for a troubled feeedom-fighting teenager like me.

This is all my punishment for going against my parents orders. To say I'm embarrassed and highly disappointed in myself would be a huge understatement. I don't particularly blame my parents, they're just trying to look out for their rebellious daughter like any parent would.

The punishment isn't what hurts the most.

They put their trust in me, and I broke it like I always do.

That's what hurts the most.

That stupid feeling you get when people keep trying to make things positive around you, but instead you make them believe you're not enough. It leaves your heart burning and your mind never at peace.

It's been three whole days and it's been miserable.

I sigh, shaking off my thoughts as I grabbed my school bag and walked down the stairs. My dad and mom were sitted at the dining table, together with Zion and Zoe since they dressed up way before I did, munching on breakfast— fried eggs, bread, butter and tea.

I sighed again and dropped my bag besides me at the table. "Good morning Dad, good morning Mom." I greeted both of them, waving at my siblings simultaneously beside me.

Only dad replied.

I put my head down and started to eat my food.

After breakfast, Zion, Zoe and I started for the door, waiting on my mum to finish talking with dad and then drive us to school.

It's been like that for days— she driving us to and fro from school for the past three days. I doubt this sudden tradition is going to end soon, I have a feeling it's just the beginning of things I won't be ready for.

"Let's go." Mom muttered before walking past us to the door.

It took us twenty minutes to get to my school, curse Lagos traffic. After we got down from the car, I waved at mom but she only smiled at the twins.