19| Chapter nineteen

Start from the beginning

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes again before walking away.

"Good riddance to bad rubbish." I called harshly after her as I turned to face Zeke who was watching me closely. "What?" I murmured when I noticed the teasing smile on his face.

He flashed me a big smile. "You look cute when you're angry, I should get you angry more." He burst out laughing seeing the dangerous glare on my face.

"Boy you better move so I'll just leave you here." I was blushing furiously so I walked ahead of him so he wouldn't see it. After a while, he caught up with me and kissed our entwined fingers.

"Your blush is cute too!" He whispered into my ears and smirked when he saw me jump in fright.

"Shut up!" I murmured again as I noticed my heartbeat quickening. I pray God intervenes in my case because at this point, I pray I don't die because I blush too much.

I can already envision what would be written on my tomb.

Olagoke Ruth Moyinoluwa
From 2003-2021
Died from too much blushing
May her soul rest in perfect peace

I shook my head as I murmured Bible verses in my head. I reject death in my life in Jesus name, death is not for me.

After my short prayer, I turned to my side and saw Zeke already looking at me again. "What?"

"You keep zoning out, are you okay?" I bit my lip as I placed my head down. Now, I feel guilty. Only heaven knows what's playing in his mind right now, but I pray they're not bad thoughts.

What I did was so rude, thinking of something else or getting distracted when beside someone. He might think he's starting to bore me or simply just feel disrespected and hurt.

"I'm sorry." He smiled at me and led me to a restaurant inside the mall. "It's okay, let's get something to eat then I'll take you to the second venue for our date."

I looked up at him in shock. "There's a second venue?" He smiled gently at me as the tip of his ears turned red.

Little ole me made big daddy Zeke blush, that's a first.

"Of course, but that one is more special." I nodded and followed him into the restaurant.

"Well, let's go eat then."

-

"A beach?" I squeaked as I looked up at Zeke. "You took me to a beach?"

He rubbed the back of his neck tenderly as he quirked a brow. "Yeah, is that okay with you? I mean, you're totally dressed for it so I thought why not?"

"Are you kidding me? I freaking love it! Thank you so much." I shrieked before throwing my hands around him in gratitude. It's been so long since I've been to a beach, so him bringing me here ready means a lot.

It was as if he was reading my mind.

After we had lunch, which consisted of me eating with class and picking on my plate so Zeke wouldn't call me weird or too shallow, he paid when I tried to and drove us here thereafter. But never in a million years was I expecting him to take me to a beach.

They were only a few people left since it was in the evening, and some of them were already starting to leave sef.

"I thought we'd come here a little bit late to get privacy since it's always so crowded." Zeke spoke out as he saw me scanning the place with my eyes. He probably thought I was uncomfortable with the place.

"I brought a little something, it's in my car. Wait here fore, I'll be right back." But me being the stubborn person that I am, my curiosity took over and I followed him to the place his car was parked instead.

He opened the trunk and brought out a blanket. A blanket, what for? Next, a basket followed and some soft looking pillows. My eyes widened as I connected the dots, he wants us to do a picnic.

I squeaked again and a loud laugh escaped him as he looked at me. I snatched the blanket and pillows out of his hands before walking alongside him to find a spot.

He smiled and murmured, "I knew you'd love it."

"Thank you so much Zeke, I really do love it." I wrapped my hands around his neck as I looked into his eyes after we had settled down on the soft sand, tye blanket protecting us from dirt.

"You mean so much to me Ruth." He murmured, his breathe fanning my face.

"You mean so much to me too Zeke." He passed me a small smile before pressing his lips against mine in a slow, gentle kiss.

He opened tye basket and began to pull out serious of foods, raging from friend rice and pancakes to fruits. And somehow, they were still warm.

Only God knows how he pulled that off.

"How about we play twenty questions?" Zeke asked me as I chugged pancakes down my throat and he chewed on a green apple.

"Sure, why not?" I answered before eating another slice of pancake.

"Great, you go first."

I raked my head for a question before I faced him again. "What's your favorite color?"

He smirked at me. "Blue, yours?"

"White. Your favorite food?"

"I don't have a favorite food, I eat anything as long as it's healthy." I looked at him weirdly before sipping on my juice. For real, how can someone not have a favorite food? Is that even possible?

"Really? You're the first person I know that doesn't have a favorite food. Anyway, mine is fried rice and chicken." He shrugged.

"Cool. What's on your mind right now?"

I stopped to think, then smiled. "I'm thinking about how generous you are, and how agreeing to go on a date with you is one of my best decisions."

His smiled widened as he cupped both of my cheeks, staring deep into my eyes. He was so close, I could feel his body heat. "I can't stop thinking about how beautiful you're are."

I blushed beet red at his choice of words before I used my braids to cover my face. I cleared my throat to clear the tense hair and scooted a little away from him

"Okay next, how many siblings have you got?"

"I'm the only child, but I like it like that, having siblings is nothing but stress." After seeing this, he shrugged and bit on another apple.

"What makes you think so?" I asked.

"I don't really know, but I do like it when I'm the only one soaking my parents attention." I was astonished, how come somebody think like that?

"Mumu, mama's boy. Anyway, you're next." I teased him, rolling my eyes.

"Be my girlfriend."

"What?" I shouted slightly, straining my ears to confirm if I had heard him incorrectly.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"