18| Chapter eighteen

Start from the beginning

"Zoe, I'm going on a date, not a strip club for Christ's sake."

"But it looks hot!" She squeaked rolling her eyes in offense.

"Yeah, for you. I'd practically look naked in that, and who knows if he's planning to take me to a crowded place? Ogbeni abeg change am."

She hissed as she turned back to the pile of clothes on the floor. "You're no fun." She held up a more decent cropped top. "Why not pair this with your leader skirt, leather jacket and heeled boots? You'd look badass as fuck!"

"How many times do I have to remind you that we're going on a date, not to watch cars racing?" I shouted at her, already fed up. "And he said to wear something comfortable, so no heals or leather."

"Fine! Wear the cropped top, jean skirt and your Nike air Forces then." She said as she threw her hands in the air as if to say 'I'm tired, I give up, just take me away oh lord'.

"Finally, you talked like a normal human being, not a deranged animal." I mumbled as she walked out of my room.

Thankfully she didn't seem to hear me, so that's that.

I checked my wristwatch and saw that I had less than two hours left. How am I supposed to shower, dress and do my makeup in time?

I just hope this date goes well.

-

"You look stunning." Ezekiel beamed at meas he kissed my cheeks and opened the car door for me.

I jumped as his hot breathe tickled my face. I returned the hug as I looped my hands behind his neck, inhaling his cologne.

Damn, he smells so nice.

Justin freaking Bieber could compete with him, and still not win, mark my words.

He was dressed to kill, nothing to simple and nothing too explicit. A faded blue jean, white button down shirt and a white sneakers and he has taken my breathe away.

Only God knows how he makes fashion look so easy. I took five damn hours to dress myself and I didn't even turn up to be as hot as he is.

"You put your studs in." I murmured in awe as I looked at the diamond earrings on his ear glittering under direct sunlight.

I was never one to admire guys who wear earrings, but with Zeke, it's just so damn good.

"Yeah, I thought I'd put them in since we're not in school." He smiled as he put the gear on reverse and pulled out of my compound and down the tiled road of our estate.

I saw Zoe waving at me through the window and I smiled.

"Where're we heading to?" I asked him as I focused my gaze outside the window, admiring the weather and soft petals if flowers lined outside huge houses.

"It's a surprise." He laughed and laced his fingers through mine in the middle console.

I blushed and looked away.

A comfortable silence followed. I was in my thoughts, and he was too, because none of us bothered to spark a conversation, just enjoying each other's presence in the small confinement.

The silence didn't need to be filled with words, because some times, words just aren't needed. It's brings a sense of connection as if you're listening to say other's thoughts, you know.