16| Chapter Sixteen

Start from the beginning

Funny enough, I didn't even deny it.

"Una kuku no get work for this class, na to dey put mouth for matter wey no concern una." Caroline snapped back at them.

"Dominic, if you know you want to die, wait for them and let me lose my 10 marks." She threatened, eyeing him evily to add effect to the threat.

Caroline ehn.

"See, after today I am not the class captain anymore. You guys should find some one else, I am leaving the in the next sixty seconds whether you like it or not."  Dominic said seriously.

Everyone quickly hurried up with their notes.

♪♪♪

"I swear, by the time I am done with him, he will be sorry he ever set his disgusting eyes on me." Onome rammbled on.

We've been on this case for twenty minutes now and I'm starting to get tired of her threatening Samson who of course isn't even here.

"Can we talk about something else, or better still eat our food in peace?" Cynthia snapped, voicing out my thoughts.

"Can't you guys see how the guy has been on my back since we resumed this term? I have to give it back to him hot."  Onome replied.

Sighing, I turned my eyes away from her and looked around the cafeteria till I spotted who I was looking for.
Immediately my eyes rested on him, he looked up from his food and our eyes met.

A wide smile spread across his beautiful face and men, I fell in love with him all over again.

I smiled back and he nodded for me to come over to his seat.

My eyes widened seeing he was admist his friends. Noticing my worry, he said something to them and I saw they all laughed and bumped him on his shoulders, then they stood up and walked out of the cafeteria.

"Girls, I dey come, Ezekiel just called me." I told my friends as I stood up.

"Ehn ehn, the talk that is on ground doesn't make sense abi?" Onome pouted.

Caroline looked up at me, battling her eyelashes at me.

"Kilo she e? (What is wrong with you)? Abeg free me jor." I playfully glared back at her.

Waving me off, she added. "Make sure you tell him to come and pay your bride price to us o."

"You get mouth, tell him that yourself." I threw back at her.

On getting to his table, I sat in front of him so I could turn my back to my friends because I knew if I sat facing them, I would be buried six feets down the ground of embarrassment.

"How are you?" He asked, poking my cheeks.

"I'm fine, how about you?"  I giggled.

He gave me a small smile that made my insides melt with joy and happiness. "Same, I couldn't stop thinking about you throughout the night."

My heart started beating erratically again. "Really?" I murmured lowly, biting my lower lip seductively.

His eyes flashed to my lips, then back to my eyes. I could read his emotions so clearly that I felt like I was openly reading an open book.

You could ask me how? That's because I know I have that same list look on my face and that tingly feeling in my eyes.

"Yes. I couldn't stop thinking about your lips, your eyes, that kiss we had back there on the field, just the two of us, alone."

He licked his full pink lips and I struggled to good back my moan.

"Me too." I could only but murmur, feeling flustered and hot already.

"You excited for our date?" He asked, ignoring the direction our intense talk was getting us too.

"Absolutely!" I semi shouted enthusiastically.

He broke out in a rich laugh.

Realizing what I had done, I quickly lowered my voice, replying in a more calmer tone. "I mean, of course. We could get to know each other and maybe know where this leads us too you know. That's if you feel the same of course. I-I mean—"

He laughed again.

"You think I wouldn't like to have a relationship with you?"

"I don't know." I murmured awkwardly, biting my lips again.

"Look aye." His soft voice commanded.

I refused, focusing my gaze on the plastic table as it seemed like the only attractive thing to focus on.

He groaned, "Ruth."

I looked up at him for a second too long. "Look into my eyes."

I finally looked up into his gentle eyes and I almost melted all over again.

God, help me, I'm going insane.

"I like you." He waited to see my reaction. "If I didn't like you, I wouldn't have asked you out on a date. So, don't think otherwise okay?

"Okay." I responded.

I cleared my throat.

"So, I was meaning to ask you if you would be going to the get together party tomorrow?" I asked him shyly.

Smiling, he picked up my hands that I didn't know I had on the table.

I don't know what set the butterflies in my stomach on full motion. Is it the way his thumbs are rubbing circles on my hands or what exactly?

No, it couldn't be.

"Will you be there?" He threw back my question at me.

"I'm still thinking about it and I just wanted to know if you'd be around, not that I am saying your presence will make me change my mind or anything, I just thought that—" I trailed off, looking away shyly.

Someone just please also me for rambling like an idiot.

Smiling, he turned my head towards him again. I tried looking down because I knew I was becoming a blushing mess.

"If you want me to come, I will come." He smirked.

"No, you don't have to—" I started
before he interrupted me.

"I want to. You also have to be there, okay?"

Blushing like an idiot, I nodded.

"I will see you tomorrow then?"  He asked me, a soft smile on his face as he intertwined our fingers.

"Of course!" I screamed inside of me.

Smiling widely, I nodded again.