09| Chapter nine

Börja om från början

Facus laughed as he waved his hands around, trying to stop laughing and at the same time, trying to talk.

"You wouldn't even believe how she was shamelessly drooling over me in her mum's presence that Saturday." I hissed.

"Ezekiel, be sincere, I have a question to ask you. What plan do you have for this Ruth of a girl? If you don't have any sort of feelings at all for her, I suggest you keep your lane and stop messing with her mind. Why did you message her in the first place sef?" Facus asked, turning all serious on me.

I scoffed. "Guy, take a chill pill. First, I didn't approach her myself, she came on to me with her two legs—"

Facus cut me off. "What? You mean Ruth approached you her self? That's nearly impossible! Is it not the Ruth that I know?" He asked in disbelief.

"Of course she did. Why would I lie to you about that? From the look of things, she got my number from the Whatsap group."

"Mad o. So even Mary sef no holy."

"Let us even agree that I even liked her small because of the respect she has for her family, but all that likeness flew out the window the second I discovered she was raped at her former school. Such an idiot." The intensity of the hatred I had towards her grew again by ten folds.

"Woah, I didn't know that. My poor little—"

"Don't you even dare complete that statement. Poor kini?" I said, eyeing him.

I don't just understand the manner of some people's problem. They hear small issue of rape like this, they will go straight to pity mode, especially celebrities. Some of them will even go on all their social media handles to throw a pity party. Stupid people.

I know for sure I am the only normal person on this Earth as it is.

All of a sudden, Facus spoke up. "Sincerely, I'm not sure if I want to know what you have up your sleeves for that girl, but whatever it is, you have to stop. She's gone through a lot. Don't add heartbreak to the heart that just got mended."

I just sat there, staring at him like he just started growing boobs on his flat chest.

Before I could reply, the bell rung,the and the other students who come for training started trooping in in groups to the field.

I decided to keep quiet, because to me,  it's pointless trying to make a blind man see things from your point of view or a deaf man hear you out.

Therefore, at this point, I rest my case.

      ♦♦♦♦♦

RUTH'S POV.

I hissed as I banged the door behind me, plooping myself on the bed. That should give them an hint that I'm so not in the mood to talk to anybody.

I was still in shock at Zoe's request. She of all people should know that party would be the last thing on my occupied mind right now, especially after what happened the last time I went to a party.

I shuddered as I remembered all that had happened. The memory's stuck with me, it would never leave me, neither would I be able to overcome it.

It's stuck with me for life.

I can still feel their tough hands on their body, their putrid odour emitting from their bodies, the foul stench of alcohol on their breathe, their excited eyes as the looked down at a pathetic me in the floor.

I felt dirty, I felt used, I felt violated. Even after they had left me bleeding there, I couldn't help but to think about my usefulness on earth.

I wanted to take my life.

As time passed on, I got tired of living that sinful life, I got tired of neglecting myself and making myself seem negative to lose my self esteem. I recovered myself back, it wasn't easy but I tried.

And here, this clueless human being is telling me to go to a party again.

To do what nah? To reenact all that had happened before?

Hell no!

I hissed again.

Everyone can go to hell and leave me alone.

"Ruth!" I heard my mum's voice from below the stairs.

I pretended as if I didn't hear her, I wasn't at all in the mood for all the baggage she places on my shoulders.

"Ruth!" She called again.

"Ma." I answered, rolling my eyes as I went downstairs to meet her.

"Were you deaf? I have been calling you since morning and you didn't even answer me!"

When she saw that I wasn't going to reply, she glared at me and pointed towards the three of us—Zoe, Zion and I.

I didn't even know they were there. Well, that makes the three of us

"Your uncle called."

"Uncle Sam?" Zoe squealed.

"Yeah, him. He's been complaining that it's been so long since he saw you guys." She shook her head as if regretting her decision. "So, your dad and I has decided to fly three of you to America to spend the holidays with him."

"Yes!" Zoe shouted, fistbumping Zion. They both looked really excited.

Well, I was too.

I tried not to squeal but it was really hard.

An holiday in America! Just the type of break I need, thank you Jesus.

Mum turned her attention to me. I shrinked back, I knew something was coming.

"You won't be joining them Ruth. Your exams are coming soon—Yoir mock exams, JAMB, NECO AND WAEC—you need to study."

My heart beat stopped. I swear to God it did.

"What?" I ask, surprised.

"It's a decision your dad and I made," She sat down on the chair comfortably. "You'll stay here, go to tutorials and do your exams. Besides, we still don't trust you, especially after the stunt you pulled the last time you were there."

"But that's not fair. I even apologized nah, what more do you want from me?"

"Life's not fair sweetie, you just have to roll with it." She rolled her eyes. "Now listen to me and go back upstairs."

I hissed but did not move from where I stood.

"Are you deaf or do you have a problem with what I just said?"

"Actually, I do!" I snapped back, leaving her hanging her mouth open in surprise. "You let Zoe and Zion do what they want, yet they're younger than me, why can't you let me do same? They're also having exams but you aren't restricting them."

Mum stood up in anger but I didn't care. At this point, anything can happen abeg.

"Because we're scared you'll be a prostitute like your great ancestors! At your age, you already watch porn, what more before you start practicing it?" Mum snapped.

I recoiled. So, they think of me that low? To the extent of calling me a prostitute?

I didn't need to be told twice, I need to get the hell out of here.

I pulled the door, beginning to walk outside into the cold evening.

"Ruth, where do you think you're going?" Mum snapped.

"Ruth, please come back." Zoe begged.

"Just leave me alone in peace!" I snapped back. It was in the evening but everywhere was fairly bright.

I shivered as I walked out into the cold evening.

All by myself.