"You both are very much aware of the reason we had to relocate here. Despite us abandoning our whole lives just to save her dignity, your sister still had the effrontery to associate herself with a guy romantically." She pointed at me. "That one isn't painful at all. Didn't you see the pornographic videos on her phone?" My mom added.

My siblings gasped staring at me in shock.

I couldn't say anything. Tears just kept on rolling down my face.

"Most times, I wonder why your mum didn't just menstruate you away. You are just an excuse of a child " My dad said, his words laced with disappointment.

"I wish I didn't—even —even birth her at all." My mum added, her voice cracking as heavy sobs racked through her body.

Her statement was what broke me finally.

"Get lost from my sight!" My dad yelled at me.

"And know this. You're not going back to that school, so go think of a trade or skill you would like to learn. None of my children will turn out to be a delinquent."

I stood up with shaky legs. "I am sorry." I quickly muttered before slowly walking off to my room with my head bowed down in shame.

        ♦♦♦♦♦

"Ruth, are you okay?" I heard a familiar voice ask faintly.

Slowly, I turned my head around to meet my Zoe's sad face.

It was like my head was a thunder making machine. The noise just wouldn't stop.

"Can you turn that low, please?" I managed to croak out.

"Let me close your door." She quickly shut the door. "Zion has been playing his stupid drum since we got back from school an hour ago. He wouldn't even let me in. I'm so sorry about what happened. They shouldn't have made all those things they said to you, it doesn't matter what you did."

She rushed towards me to help me sit up, seeing my futile attempts.

"Can you get me a cup of water please?"

"Sure, I'll be right back." She quickly ran out. I took a deep breathe in as the events of the day I passed out on my bed came rushing back into my head. Before I could even breathe out, she barged back in.

"Here you go." she handed the glass of water to me.

"Thanks." I muttered before drowning the water down my throat.

I closed my eyes and breathe in and out. As I opened them, I met her tear filled eyes.

My heart broke again as I saw tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Zoe—" I didn't know what to say to make the situation seem better.

She engulfed me in a hug before I could complete my statement.

"I'm so sorry you had to hear all of that." I cried out as I also broke down.

She didn't say anything, just kept on crying as she held on to me tightly like I would break into pieces if she let go.

My door opened and Zion came in. He was covered in sweat and his eyes were bloodshot like he had been crying.

"They shouldn't have said that to you Ruth, they shouldn't have. You don't have to apologize to me." Zoe consoled me as she released me from the bone crushing hug.

Walking around my bed, Zion pulled me up from my position on the bed and hugged me tightly.

Not again.

"We love you Ruth. Mum and dad loves you too. We all love you. It hurts that you are passing through something and instead of finding a way to help you, they insult you." Zion spoke, trying to suppress his sobs.

"Group hug!" Zoe cooed as she joined us.

I sobbed quietly as I thought of what I did to deserve two beautiful angels as my siblings.

"That's enough guys, that should do. Leave me alone o." I laughed as I finally managed to disengage myself from the hug.

"This may sound rude coming from me Ruth, but I got to discuss this with you. People tend to display different attitudes or reactions after being molested. It was stupid of us not to have been on the look out for any sign of depression or anxiety or anything and it is more stupid of us to think you were doing well after being molested. You are depressed Ruth. You are trying to fight depression and I'm happy you are not allowing yourself to be swallowed up by it. The way you are fighting it is what is not acceptable."

She stopped to grab both of my hands, rubbing my knuckles slightly she continued.

"Masturbation is not the right way to fight it. Since we moved here which is over two years now you haven't made a new friend. You don't even socialize anymore." She stopped to catch her breath.

"I'll take it from here Zoe." Zion said as he came closer to me on the bed. "We are the closet thing to friends you've got. So we'll be more than happy to help you. Are you in for operation HELP RUTH BE A BETTER RUTH?" He concluded, holding his hands out.

I just stared at the two of them dumbfounded. Were they always pretending to be stupid? I am awed by the way they spoke with such maturity.

At the same time, I'm ashamed. I should be the one to lookout for them but it's the other way round.

Letting go of my pride, I accepted his outstretched hands.

"I'm in." I smiled as I shook his hands.

"Operation HELP RUTH BE A BETTER RUTH is a go." Zoe screamed, jumping up and down on my bed.

Once a stupid girl, always a stupid girl.