TYSON JOST | LIGHT MY WAY HOME

Warnings: Angst, 'can I strangle him yet?' Tyson, some swearwords, some major character development and (how could I not?!) a happy ending

Word Count: 12.1K

Requested: Yes.

The NHL lifestyle, or the 'popular' lifestyle was attracting to all young, hormonal boys. You'd known that for a long time. You stood by Tyson's side when he got drafted into the wicked world of the NHL. Parties, drinking, sex, training until you can barely move, fights, games, wins and losses. It all had it's charms, but it also had it's dangers. Just like any other guy Tyson wanted to experience it all, the whole package,

You assumed you fell under that 'whole package', you were his girlfriend for a reason, right? And you did, for a while. You partied together, came home together, did everything together. But the moment Tyson became older and 'known' outside the regular hockey fans, that title didn't mean much anymore. He became more and more the type of guy you didn't fall in love with, the type to take you for granted, the type to enjoy the attention of other people, other women in particular. You weren't the jealous type, you didn't want to claw out the eyes of every woman that looked at him, but you were at a breaking point. Maybe you were jealous, you weren't jealous of those other women, you were jealous of the attention Tyson gave them. Attention he should've been giving to you, his freaking girlfriend.

You were however the loyal type, the type to come home after a long night. And that's exactly where things went wrong with Tyson. While you were waiting for him at home with a meal, a warm bed or just simply anything else, he was out. You had no idea where he was exactly, he was simply 'out', whatever that might mean. You tried to talk to him, you tried to make him see that this wouldn't end well for either of you, but he simply waved off your concerns, shrugged his shoulders and moved on.

How do you talk to someone who rediscovered himself? How do you talk to someone who thinks he's on top of the world? How do you safe someone from the downfall of success when they don't want to be saved? You knew one day he'll come down from this high, one day he'll realize that he screwed up. One day he'll come to the conclusion he let something special slip through his fingers, and for what? Fame? Drinks? A rush of adrenaline? One day. But you knew that it wouldn't be today.

However today is the day that you're done. Absolutely fed up with all the bullshit excuses Tyson has been feeding you, all the coming home late or not even coming home at all. You have no idea what he's been up to these last months, he's barely home. Even when he's home it's like he isn't really there. You can't even remember the last time the two of you slept together or the last time you actually went to bed at the same time. Breakfast together? A lifetime ago. A lazy day together? Can't remember. Date night? Months, months ago. Even thinking about it pisses you off to no end, the pain and hurt slowly making place for a new emotion: anger.

It's frustrating to say the least. You love and take care of him like he means the world to you, and he does. Tyson on the other hand seems to take you for granted, or forgets you're here at all. It seems like you're talking to a brick wall instead of your boyfriend. No matter how hard you try, your words have no impact, your tears don't make him feel anything. It's like he's a total different person. You barely recognize him anymore these days, he feels like a stranger inside the body of the man you love. It feels like you're both living your life, besides each other instead of with each other. It hurts, that's for sure.