CLAUDE GIROUX | BABY BUMP

Warnings: Nothing, soft Giroux

Word Count: 1.2K

Requested: Nope.

You knew this would be hard on Claude, you expected it, but it's still so hard to see. His first loss as the captain of the Philadelphia Flyers. What should've been an amazing game, turned into a loss. A loss Claude blames on himself. You weren't at the game, you're currently 6 months pregnant with your and Claude's first baby. You chose to stay home, and watch the game on the couch, underneath a warm blanket. You could see Claude's frustration through the screen, it's absolutely devastating to see him like this.

The moment you hear the front door unlock you brace yourself. You don't know in what state of mind Claude is. Does he need you? Does he need to be alone? Claude walks into the living room, and dumps his duffle bag in the middle of the room before making eye contact with you. "Hi baby," you whisper at him. Claude looks at you with sad eyes, he opens his mouth to say something, but shuts it close a second later. You tilt your head at him, encouraging him to go on. "I'm just going to.. Going to.." he stammers, before waving his hand towards the second floor, probably trying to indicate the bedroom or shower.

Before you can say anything else, he turns around and climbs up the stairs. You follow his retreating body, wondering what's going through his mind right now. Some peace and quiet might do him good, but you're still worried about him. He's never this closed off.

30 minutes pass and there's still no sign of Claude. It's time to see for yourself what's going on with him right now. You push yourself off the couch, your baby bump is getting bigger every day. With one hand bracing your stomach you make your way over to the bathroom. The shower is still running, so you knock lightly on the door, announcing your presence. There's no answer from inside the bathroom, so you push open the door and step inside.

You come face to face with Claude's naked back. His arms braced against the wall, head hung low between them. Water streams down his back, you can't keep you eyes off him. Before you can give it a second thought you strip out off your clothes, leaving them in a pile on the floor.

You quietly make your way over to Claude, sliding in behind him in the shower. You softly wrap your arms around his middle, your head resting on his back. You can feel the muscles in his stomach tighten, tensing up under the touch of your fingers. It takes Claude a minute to respond to your touch, before he interlaces his fingers with yours, pulling your arms tighter around him. "Are you okay?" you mumble against his back, already knowing the answer to your question. He tightens his grip on your fingers, before speaking. "No, I'm not. I'm definitely not okay." Guilt and sadness lacing his voice.

"It's not your fault, Claude. I'll tell you a hundred times more, until you believe me." Claude chuckles lightly, he knows you're serious about this. He let's go of your hands, before turning around, his back resting against the shower wall. His eyes rake down your body, stopping on you baby bump. On his face appears the grin you love so much, his hands reaching out towards your bump, laying his hands on top of it. "How are you and our little one doing today, y/n?" he asks softly. "Better now daddy's home," you say, a smile playing on your lips.

Claude grins at your words, he can't wait to be a dad. He loves seeing you pregnant with his child, but he also can't wait to see his little one. He grasps your face between his hands, before pressing his lips on yours. You melt into the kiss, enjoying the feeling of his hands on your face, lips brushing, tongues playing. You break the kiss, head falling onto his chest. "Tell me what you need, baby," you mutter.

All he really wants is to do is go to bed and forget this terrible night, so that exactly what he tells you. You smile at him, before reaching around him, turning the shower off. "Let's go to bed then." Claude takes your hand in his, leading you out of the shower. He grabs two towels, one for himself and one for you. He dries himself off as fast as he can, before wrapping his towel around his waist. He takes your towel out of your hands, starting to dry you off. You roll your eyes at him, he really can't keep his hands off your bump. He's absolutely obsessed with it, it's quite cute.

Once you're all dried off, you pull a large sweatshirt, courtesy of Claude, over your head, and pull on some clean underwear. Claude is just in his underwear, pulling back the covers, so you can slide in. He slides in beside you, pulling you close to him. The both of you stay like that for a while.

He wiggles out of your arms, sliding further down the bed, so he's at eyelevel with your baby bump. Claude pulls up your sweatshirt, revealing the curve of your belly. His hands trace patterns against your skin, head lays against the side. "I love you, little one. Daddy can't wait to meet you," he speaks softly against your belly.

Tears burn behind your eyes, the words Claude speak, make you feel so happy, so loved. You already know that he'll be an amazing father to your little one. Your fingers brush through his hair, massaging his scalp, while he's still speaking softly to your baby. You can feel him relax against you, enjoying the sensation your fingers create.

Claude talks a bit longer to your baby, making you smile at all the sweet little things he tells. He leaves a big sloppy kiss on the middle of your belly, before pulling down your sweatshirt again. "Thank you, y/n," he says, while kissing your lips. You raise your eyebrows at him. "Thank you for what?" you ask quietly. He grants you another smile, burying his head in the crook of your neck. You wrap your arms around him, hugging him close to you, waiting patiently for his answer. "For giving me you, and our little one. For supporting me through my worst and for never giving up on me." You tighten your arms around him, kissing the top of his head. "It's my pleasure, baby. You're worth everything, absolutely everything. You are an amazing husband, and you will be a wonderful father," you reassure him.

In just a few minutes Claude is fully asleep. You listen to his soft breathing,the rising and falling of his chest. "There will be so much more wins for you,love. I promise you," you whisper to him, before falling asleep as well. 

__________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Some sweet, soft Giroux, because whyyyy not.