Chapter 3

Reference collage^^^

Turns out the chapter before was longer than my first chapter???? It seemed so short but I guess not.

Anyways I'm not going to have a set schedule for updating or anything but I plan on writing whenever I have free time, so if you want to keep up with the story I would just keep your eyes open for new chapters :)

***

HARRY

After tending to his flowers, Harry made his way back to his room, passing more knights. "A new shift of guards must be filling the place of the ones that left," Harry thought.

He eyed the men curiously. All the knights were men, due to Harry's father's old ways. He didn't understand why his father thought the way he did. Harry ignored the most likely reason: the King was self-entitled and believed everyone, including his wife, was below him. Harry's mother was mostly there for the King to flaunt around. She was a closed-off individual who rarely left her study. Harry wished his parents took their roles as caregivers, but, being the ignorant teenager he was, he chalked it up to them being busy with the kingdom.

Harry carried on down the castle hallways, taking a detour towards his father's room so he could wish the man a good night. He rarely actually talked to his parents, but, even if the conversation led to a door slammed in his face, their talks always left Harry feeling lighter. Harry enjoyed talking to anyone that would listen, even for just a moment. He rarely had company outside of Liam.

Hoping to see his father, Harry smiled at the sight of the King's slightly opened door. Inside were about three of the head knights and Harry's father surrounding a map.

"We're going through that town of greedy gremlins, so I expect full security to ensure nothing is taken from this castle," Harry's father, King Aaron, whisper-shouted. Harry's face contorted in confusion at his father's words. Greedy gremlins?

Harry knew very little about the towns in the kingdom. The King insisted that Harry had to at least be an adult before they could discuss the technicalities of ruling a kingdom. Harry only knew that they ruled over a great and powerful kingdom, so why would they have a town full of greedy people?

"Dale, I expect you to be well-versed in this town and keep an eye out for any traps," The King continued. Harry had begun unconsciously approaching the door, as he became more engaged in the words being spoken throughout the room.

Suddenly, Harry caught the eyes of a guard who was previously as engaged in the conversation as Harry was.

"King!" the man spoke, pointing at Harry. Harry's eyes bulged as he quickly turned around to run. Harry wasn't sure exactly why he was running, but when he heard a door slamming, Harry decided he made the right choice.

Gasping for air, Harry clutched his chest and doubled over to even his breathing. The experience was equally terrifying and exhilarating. Harry giggled for no reason in particular and determined it was better to ignore the meeting taking place in his father's room. He would be told about everything in two years when he was of age anyways.

Harry made his way to his room contemplating how he wished to end his mostly uneventful day.

***

Entering his room, Harry made his way to the balcony so he could peer at the barely visible houses and never-ending forest. As he approached the railing something moving caught his eye. A figure with dark hair darted into the forest before Harry could see anymore of the person. Harry looked around where he saw the figure and spotted Liam.