CHAPTER 25

THE FAMILIAR eerie feeling of the prison cells welcomed Tori and Rowan's hooded forms. Their walks were sleek to avoid attention. The very same day when Tori offered the deal to Crown Prince Yei Lin, the latter immediately gave her the contract stating her authority to the Oolong Tea. She realized that what made her father, Duke Rozenreff, busy was that he was working with Marquess Zoliel to get that contract. The first prince was also in cahoots with the two from the noble faction to weaken the aristocratic faction before the Hunt for Elysian Crown.

Tori's gleaming ruby eyes were in complete contrast against the dark alley towards that one specific cell. Tori remembered those cerulean eyes when she visited to torment Mia. He was just in the other cell, watching them with hawk-like eyes.

Allistair Damon, his character throughout the Thorny Crown Series was a bit shady for Tori. He only appeared when necessary for the protagonists or antagonists. In Season 1, Allistair only appeared as the head of the assassination guild that was hired by the aristocratic faction to kill Sabina when the Duke of Rozenreff Duchy announced his support for Sabina and Prince Lauren's relationship.

The next time he showed up in the series, Prince Cory and the original Victoria already died in Season 2. He only appeared as the drug dealer hired by Sabina that was used to frame Victoria leading to the latter's death. He was only a side character until Season 4 when it was learned that he's a missing prince from the Kingdom of Monakre. They sold Allistair to a slave trader when the carriage that he was riding with his mother got mobbed together by Prince Yei Lin. The two of them were best of friends until that tragic incident that separated Prince Allistair. The guilt that Crown Prince Yei Lin suffered was strong enough to betray Prince Lauren.

If I get you under my feet, the future king of Ming Country and the future king of the Kingdom of Monakre will bow down to me. To prepare for war against the noble faction and the royal family, excluding Queen Aurina and Prince Corean, I needed something to corner them.

"My lady, you must not talk with him." The wary voice of Rowan made Tori realize the plot was slowly changing after all. 

This spring, you will become Rowan Castaña. Never forget who helped you get out of the wretched slums.

Before entering the cell for those who are waiting for a death sentence, Tori signaled Rowan to stay behind the door which earned her a disapproving look from him but Rowan did not oppose her, he never did.

The moment Tori stepped foot inside the dimly lighted cell, the smell of blood and piss was eerily familiar to her.

A long time ago, the original Victoria stayed inside this very cell for two weeks while waiting for her father to help her. A long time ago, the original Victoria waited and waited, only to get slapped by the truth that she was truly alone until the moment that she died. And a long time ago, Sabina and Lauren sealed their fate when they killed the original Victoria hopelessly.

"You're still alive." Those were the first words that Tori uttered upon witnessing Allistair Damon's state. His lean upper part of the body bathed with his blood oozing from the lashing wounds around his body. His redeeming qualities were his eyes which were unscathed from the torture he endured. Scars danced with his fresh wounds. It was a miracle that he was still alive.

His cerulean eyes were looking at her icily, but Tori was so fed up with those types of gazes from Prince Yei Lin and Prince Lauren that it did not faze her anymore. "You're a tough one. That much I can tell."

"You're the psycho chic who enjoyed watching a tongue being cut off." His voice was deep and raspy.

So you recognized me, even with my tattered coat. This only means that no one has taken an interest in you yet. But I know that a noble from the noble faction took you in and used you later on from the original plot. Who is that noble? The first prince? Duke Rozenreff? Marquess Zoliel?