CHAPTER 13

TRIFECTA ACADEMY was in the lush eastern part of the capital, where the high walls of the academy secured its privacy under the scrutinizing eyes of the people. And she was going there after her scheduled tea party today.

A day after the allergic reaction incident, Tori got her health back, though she acted all weak to keep up with the show. She didn't leave her room, and she didn't let anyone in besides Lily, Rowan, and her father. Rowan became in full knight mode after learning what transpired behind her closed doors. He didn't leave her room, especially when the doctor came in to check on her. When he's not inside her room, he guarded her outside her room.

Lily was worse than Rowan. Every time Tori had to drink or eat something, Lily had to taste it in front of her just to check that there would be no more attempt on poisoning her. It was both sweet and cute for Lily.

Everything was fine on Tori's end, but that was the complete opposite for Sabina. Tori heard from Rowan and Lily that like her, Sabina was not leaving her room. Although the Duke showed everyone that she cared for Tori, the Duke was secretly visiting Sabina at night to check on her when everyone was awake. Tori didn't know if the Duke caught on to her trap, but she didn't care. Whether the Duke learned about her trap, the fact that Mia attempted to poison Tori was irrefutable. Tori also knew about the rumors that Sabina's benevolence saved her, although it resulted in her allergic reactions because of Sabina's lacking knowledge. Either way, Tori was the victim and all the sympathies in the Rozenref Estate belonged to her. The Duke or Sabina could not deny the fact that the unyielding support of the servants belonged to Victoria Rozenref.

The poor chef compensated by bringing her meals that were all Tori's favorite. The other servants were taking time to check on her through Rowan or Lily. All in all, Tori got an excellent result from her plans.

The captain of the knights reported to her in front of her father. It was her request to be involved in the investigation. Although she only did it to make sure that Mia would get the death sentence, which the latter did.

And now, she would leave for Trifecta Academy this afternoon. To show that there were no ill wills between her and Sabina, Tori arranged for tea time together with her father and the House Zoliel's couple. She didn't intend to invite them, but Marchioness Susana of House Zoliel requested an audience. After all, Tori and the Marchioness grew quite closer after many tea parties they attended together. Tori used this chance to spread something to talk about in the high society.

They were all seated inside the late Duchess' greenhouse. The Marquess and Marchioness just arrived.

"Blessings to the Marquess and Marchioness of House Zoliel, I welcome you all as the host of this tea party today." Tori showed flawless courtesy in front of the two.

A pair of delicate hands engulfed Tori, which still surprised the latter even if she knew how touchy and clingy the Marchioness was. "You didn't have to exert yourself, Lady Tori."

"I can't help it, Marchioness Susana. It's been a while since we have tea together."

"You don't know how my wife worried like a mother hen when she heard that you almost died. She wanted to visit you right away, but thankfully I managed to pursue her that you might still feel under the weather." Marquess Zoliel nonchalantly told them that earned him a playful swat from his pouting wife.

Aah, you two looked so in love. Your chemistry can fool anyone. You two can be popular actors in my past life. What a joke.

"Has the culprit been trialed, Duke Luwen?" Marchioness Susana asked Tori's father, who's been silent all the time. Sabina on the other was practically avoiding everyone's eyes.