Isuma wrapped a blade of grass around her finger tightly, not wanting to respond. "Listen... it's no big deal. I just didn't want to. Besides, I like helping you two more than playing myself."

Isuma flashed a small smile; Osamu decided to let it go. "Fine. Let's get home."

Atsumu dusted himself off and stood up; he held out his hands to help up his siblings. "Thanks."

Isuma looked at her book as they walked back home. 'In stories... when there's someone in trouble- someone lost, someone who's lost all hope- there's always a person who saves them. Always someone who shows them the light.

'My brothers... I know how much both of them care for me, but I can't tell them what goes on at home when they're not around. They can't save me. No one can save me from this dark world. The only people I have are my brothers... and even they'll be gone one day. I want someone- anyone- to save me. Please... someone... let me out. Let me be free from them.'

<<End of Flashback>>

"-Isuma-chan?"

She looked up, as if surprised to hear Kita's voice. "Sorry, Senpai. What were you saying?"

She, Kita, and their coach were talking over their matches that day, eating their lunches at the same time. Kita glanced at Kurosu Sensei, who had stepped aside to talk to a passing teacher. "I asked you what you were thinking about. Three times."

"-oh. I just... remembered something." Isuma answered. Kita paused, setting down his chopsticks- her tone was slightly bitter and regretful. "What?"

"It's nothing." Isuma replied, glancing over at their coach, wishing he'd come back. As if he'd heard her, he walked back to their table. "Sorry about that. Where were we?"

"Oh, um..." Kita looked away from Isuma. "Kaiso's first-years probably aren't as experienced with serves as the others..."

His voice slowly faded as Isuma zoned out again. Kita noticed but didn't say anything and continued talking.

Ten minutes before lunch was supposed to end, Kurosu Sensei finally said, "Alright, you two should go now. Make sure the others are on time."

"Yes, Coach." Kita and Isuma both bowed before leaving. Isuma didn't speak at all as they walked down the stairs- she almost crashed into a tall third-year at one point. Kita caught her arm and pulled her back; she stumbled as he steadied her. "Isuma!"

"Sorry, sorry-"

"What's wrong?" Kita asked her, letting go of her arm. "You can tell me."

She rubbed her arm, exactly where his hand had just been. "I'm sorry, I just... I'm thinking about about a lot of things at the same time."

"Good things or...?"

Isuma hesitated. "Not good things."

"You can't keep it inside forever. Is everything... okay?" Kita didn't want to force her to tell him. But he didn't want her to hide it either. "You went to visit Kamino's setter last night, right? Did something happen?"

"...sort of." Isuma was pulling at the sleeve of her blazer a little too forcefully. "It's not that, really... Tamiko just reminded me of something."

Kita couldn't help but notice that she'd referred to him by his first name. It was the same feeling he'd gotten when he'd seen her wearing Suna's jacket... what was wrong with him? He shook his head to get those thoughts out of his mind. "I won't ask. But, well... you shouldn't push it away. Face it. And also..."