Maanin

Sometimes I pretend I'm already rich and when I think about it hard enough, I can see it. I can smell the breakfast my personal chef is cooking. I can hear my phone pinging with emails after email about more business. I can even feel the unknown woman sleeping beside me knowing she's only good at blowjobs and leaving.
Yeah. Sometimes I dr-

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
"LOOOVE FM - WITH NEWS AND MUSIC POOOWER - WE'RE WITH YOU WHEN YOU TURN ON - YOUR RADIOOO"

Dre gets up and punches the alarm. Walks to the bathroom and starts getting ready for work in his closet sized apartment. As he walks outside into the urban neighborhood he dodges the neighborhood crackhead running with a bicycle over his shoulder. He shakes his head and lights a cigarette as he starts walking past the zinc fences and cracked streets. He crosses the street in between cars stopped at the intersection into a group of pedestrians making their way to work. He takes one deep puff of the lighted cigarette before throwing it on the side of the street. A woman holding a greasy brown bag chatting on her cellphone looks at him in disgust.

Mind yuh business lady

My life is the last thing you should be worried about. You need to aim for bigger. You need to want more. You can't fix the inevitable. If anything else you should want to be more like me, I break rules.

He turns the corner and almost runs into a 6'6 Muscled up man that looks down at him angrily.

My bad bigs. Just trying to get to work.

The city has been getting busier. It's kinda funny, the more white people moving into my little country, the more people are pretending to have money. I never understood it, are they trying to impress the white people or impress each other that's being impressed by the white folk? Mental slavery is a bitch.
Today was like every other Wednesday. Car exhaust fills the air, cigarettes and coffee in everyone's hands. Not to mention headphones in almost every ear and cellphones in hand.

Millennials.

He cuts through an alley to shortcut to work because as usual he only gives himself the exact amount of time he really needs to get to work. Nine times out of ten it's a pretty smooth shortcut. Then number ten it's-

"YO DRE! I KNOW YUH HEAR ME BOY"

Dre stops.
Fuck.

"Oh Trig. I didn't notice it was you! How you do-"
"Yeah yeah yeah shut up. Run mi money"
"M-money?" Dre laughs. "Trig. You know you make more than I do in a day."
Trig raises an eyebrow "And? You keep criss cross through mi alley like a fucking highway. You ah pay or you want I charge you"

Trig steps closer. The scent of foreign weed hit Dre like a ton of bricks.

Dre chuckles softly. "Tell you what Trig. Give me a pass today and if I pass through without your money tomorrow, you got me." Dre shrugs.
"Nuh. No TOMORROW" Trigga puffs on a freshly lit blunt in his hand and blows the smoke into Dre's face. A half second later he's grabbing Dre by his pant pocket and stuffs his hands inside.

"YO YO STOP PLAY BRO" Dre complained.
"Shut up" Trig snapped.
After a couple seconds of searching all his pockets Trig has found only a broken cigarette and a half empty lighter.

"Where yuh money?" Trig eyeballed the sweating man in front of him now and chuckled. "Tomorrow nuh?"

Dre sighed

"Make no mistake tomorrow...undastand?"
Dre swallowed hard. "Tomorrow boss."
He sprinted towards the end of the alley and around the corner. Racing into the largest building on the block he skips up the staircase 3 steps at a time.

I got about a minute before...

Dre gets to the glass door to his department, slams face first into it and falls on his back.

"What the f..." Dre looked up rubbing his nose to see a freckle-faced light skinned woman grinning on the other side of the glass door. Dre's eyes narrowed.

"Shanice..." he seethed.

Shanice tapped on her watch and pouts.
"Shanice...please unlock the door. I still had a minute left." Dre plead.
She cups her hand by her ear, shrugs then mouths "Locked. Can't hear you"

Getting really tired of this bitch.

She pulls out her phone and quickly types a text and sends it to Dre.
His foot pings as the message comes in. He pulls his cellphone out from from his sock and blinks as he read the illuminated text.

"Pull it out 🍆🙃"

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? This what I get for fucking the supervisor.

Dre sighs and stands up. Looks her in the eye without expression and unzips his pants.
The look of surprise on her face obviously means she didn't expect him to really do it.
The lock clicks immediately.

"You got balls." Shirley smiled.
"And more but you know that already. Move." Dre huffs as he pushes past her.
"Aw Dre-Dre. You can't take a joke? You're not even late. I already punched your card." Shanice grinned.

Having her around is useful and dangerous.

"You don't know when to play and when not to. What if HR finds out about my dick out at the front door?" Dre hissed.
"They'd understand." Shanice whispered as she greedily looked at his pant front.

Dre rolled his eyes and started up his computer and immediately noticed something wrong.