I had packed a navy blue satin pajama set that had cute white lace along the edge of the tank top and the ends of the shorts. I put on the pajama set and brushed through my hair before finishing off with a creamy white knit long sweater cardigan.

I looked at my bare face through the full length mirror in the corner of the room and placed my hand to my chest as if that would calm my heavy breathing.
How exactly did I get here? I use to think I'd never feel for anyone even a fraction of what I felt for Jordan, but here I was feeling the way I did for Grayson Hart of all people.

Maybe this was proof, proof that maybe I didn't love Jordan like I thought I did...if I ever did at all. That I was finally moving on from my past. 

I quickly ran across the room and wasted no time in running back downstairs to the kitchen But I stopped in my tracks as soon as I saw the scene in front of me.

The lights that once lit up the kitchen and living room were turned low giving both areas an angelic, warm glow without the use of candles.

Soft music played in the background and standing at the counter where he had set up our food was Grayson. He had changed into a pair of black sweatpants and wore a grey long sleeve t-shirt with the sleeves pushed up his forearms.

He looked so handsome under the dim lighting. His hair looked tousled as usual, exactly how I liked it. When his eyes met mine I saw how nervous he truly was. Grayson always seemed so cocky and arrogant, it was weird yet calming to see him like this.

To know that he was just as nervous felt like a huge wave of relief, because at least I made him as nervous as he made me.

"Have you been waiting for me this whole time", I asked with a shy smile as I took a step forward.

"I may have had a fry or three but for the most part, yeah", he chuckled, making me do the same.

"How do you do it", he asked in a soft voice after his eyes had roamed my face.

"Do what?"

"Look so effortlessly beautiful without even trying", he replied.

I felt my cheeks heat up as they always did around him as his words resonated within me. Even standing here in pajamas and a sweater, with no make up on, my hair no longer in a ponytail and the curls of it flattening, he still believed I was beautiful. Even when I felt not exactly ugly but definitely... inadequate in comparison to his Greek God like features, he reassured me that I was as beautiful now as I was when we met just by the look in his sea blue eyes. That I was still a goddess to him. I smiled at his compliment with a small thank you before I tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear and walked to the kitchen counter.

Grayson pulled out the stool for me and I sat down with a mumbled thanks as he took his seat as well.

We separated our food and began to eat as we made small conversations between stuffing our faces. That was the one thing I liked about eating around Gray, I was free to eat messy and chow down without worrying about him judging me. But suddenly as I took a sip of my drink, Grayson looked up and smirked at me.

I gasped and watched in horror as he stole one of my chicken nuggets and popped it into his mouth.

"Grayson Hart what in the hell do you think you are doing", I exclaimed with a pout.

"Eating, what does it look like", he smirked before trying to reach for another. I popped his hand and he pulled back quickly and rubbed it. But despite that, he smirked at me with a playful evil look and I stood up quickly with my chicken nuggets as he came around the counter to follow me.