twenty-eight (mature content)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

With my back turned to face him, I shook my head in disappointed and switched my focus toward the view outside our balcony.

Paris felt like a dream— if only Liam hadn't been acting like a complete nightmare.

When I felt a pair of arm secured around my waits, I flinched. But the force that was holding me down was much greater than my own so I had no other choice but to let him hold me.

His warm breath fell onto my neck when he rested his head on my shoulder, "I am sorry." He whispered into my ear.

I closed my eyes, telling myself I wouldn't give in to his sweet-talk this time.

"Do you even like me for real?" I sneered.

"Of course, London. I like you." He repeated his words last night. Even with a much firmer tone compared to then, I couldn't bring myself to trust him like how I did the night before.

"But not in the way you like Miss Nyla, correct?"

My next question seemed to render him speechless— or angry. I wasn't sure. I needed to see his expression first to be able to tell which feeling exactly but as he slowly let me go and turned me around to face him.

Would it be too crazy of me to say he was both?

"Baby, it's nothing between me and her." He explained.

At this point, I would no longer tell if he was serious or he was lying. He was just too good at it.

"So then why did you have to make out?" I taunted, looking up at him.

Liam lowly sighed and his glance hardened a bit, "We didn't make out. She only kissed me on my neck." His answer was already interolateable. I seriously thought it couldn't get any worst than that until he went ahead and added, "And, it's all...business."

Oh. So when the other people said Liam was so great at business, they meant that.

"You're unbelievable, Liam." I uttered breathlessly. My glance lowered to observe the length of his perfect neck and the idea of another woman kissing on it already made my heart ache.

Imagine if I were to catch them in act, I would have lost it.

"I swear I didn't kiss her." He implied, "Please, trust me."

My glance snapped up at him, "How could I trust you when I don't even think I know you?"

He was taken back by my answer. Stunned, most definitely but didn't say anything else apart from letting out a sigh.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I hissed at him, "If you just want to sleep with me—"

"If I only want to fuck you, I could have done it a long ago." He snarled, suddenly getting all angry, "Don't even."

I swallowed hard at his unexpected burning range. Obviously, I didn't see that coming but note taken now that the topic, as for him was too sensitive for discussion.

It was like I was dealing with a bipolar person. As fast as it was for Liam to get from zero to ten, even quicker it was for him to get down from ten to five, then five down to complete zero, which according to my scale was slightly hurt.