part 1

it's been a few months since ladybug and chat noir defeated Hawkmoth and all is well in Paris. nobody's been akumitized, and other than a few incidents, ladybug and cat noir haven't been needed.

this was great for the people of Paris, their home was finally safe again. But it's a different story for ladybug and chat, they have grown apart since defeating hawkmoth, chat has been busy dealing with the fact that his own father was hawkmoth and he can't tell anyone. As adrien, he's basically an orphan, with gorilla as his only parental guardian.

ladybug has been busy being the guardian of the miraculous, and as marinette is dealing with the hurt that she feels since finding out that adrien and Kagami are dating. she did a lot of crying the day she found that out but she has found some comfort in Luka, they have gotten close since marinette has more time to be herself since ladybug isn't as much needed. But deep down ladybug and chat miss eachother..... a lot.

they only patrol twice a week now and half the time ladybug doesn't even show up. she loved being ladybug, but it's just not the same anymore and ever since chat stopped calling her bugaboo and m'lady....

ladybug doesn't even want to see him anymore . deep down she loves him and she regrets not admitting it when she had the chance. for chat it's different, he loved her so much and that love was never returned so eventually, even though it hurt him, he moved on, he never stopped loving her but he was hurting himself by not letting her go.

Marinette is struggling, a lot.... she doesn't really want to be ladybug anymore, the thrill of it is gone and now it's just kind of boring and she's just stuck babysitting all of the kwamis. she's thought about giving up her role as guardian... but the only person she could give that role to is chat and she just cant do that to him..... or so she thought....

a couple months go by and chat has disappeared, he doesn't show up for patrol at all and there have been a few times when ladybug really needed his help and it seemed that he just couldn't be bothered with her.

so with all of this built up anger, she made an impulsive decision that many years later, she would regret. she stood with the miracle box and said "I renounce my role as guardian of the miraculous and give my leadership to chat noir"......

there was a big flash of light and then nothing, all that was left was a clueless marinette, in a room that she didn't recognize, and a life that she no longer remembered.

on the other hand chat was extremely surprised to see a now black and green miracle box floating in front of him. he knew what his meant and his heart started racing as he tried to think of some other reason that the miracle box would be his now, that didn't involve ladybug totally forgetting about him.

he wiped tears from his eyes and quickly transformed in search of any person that looked completely clueless because ladybug wouldn't have just forgotten about her superhero life, she would've forgotten about her whole life.

marinette sat very uneasy in a room that was completely foreign to her, there were pictures of her but she had absolutely no memory of taking them. eventually she ventured downstairs and walked very cautiously into the bakery that had to people standing in it making macaroons.

a big man and a small dainty woman, she asked them who they were and just got a weird look in return, with the woman giving her a chuckle and just continuing to bake. this made marinette mad and so she asked them again who they were and this time she did it with a raised voice and got some really concerned looks in return.