Chapter 1

In a spacious house, you'd find a delightful assortment of puppies, each belonging to different breeds. There are Dalmatians, German Shepherds, Labs, Golden Retrievers, Aussies, Border Collies, and even some adorable mixed-breeds. In one cozy corner, a tired German Shepherd, still in his police uniform, rests beside a Dalmatian. He had a long day because the police department urgently called him away, despite his plans to look after the puppies with his mate.

The Dalmatian, with three charming spots beneath each eye, three more on her left ear, and two spots on her right ear (one big and one small), wears a beloved blue collar. Her paws are marked with black, and their tips are a crisp white. She gazes affectionately at the weary German Shepherd, fully aware of the hard work he's putting in to accrue a month of vacation so they can visit their families.

The scene unfolds in the afternoon, with only the two adults and a playful pack of puppies. Among them, a Dalmatian mixed with Border Collie approaches and asks, "Uncle Chase, aunt Dolly, could you please share the story again?" His voice rings out, capturing the attention of all the puppies, as this particular story is a beloved one.

"Story, story, story, STORY!" The chant spreads throughout the group, drawing them close to Chase and Dolly. Even those who know the story by heart eagerly await its retelling, reveling in the familiar tale's nuances.

Chase chuckles softly, "Well, since your parents aren't back yet, I suppose we can share the story, but only until they return." He looks at his mate with affectionate eyes, reminiscing about the first time they met. "Well..."

Once upon a time in the picturesque town of Adventure Bay, a German Shepherd named Chase was enjoying a playful day with his friends. Meanwhile, we shift our focus to the lookout, where a watchful character named Ryder observed them while they played a game of hide and seek.

Impressed by the pups, Ryder picked up his pup pad to challenge himself with the most challenging level of the game. Time flew by as he immersed himself in the game. Before he knew it, night had fallen, and the pups had already settled into their cozy pup houses. Glancing at his clock, Ryder's reaction was not what you'd expect from a 14-year-old. He muttered a word he had picked up at school, though he rarely used it. The clock displayed a daunting 4:15 a.m., signifying that Ryder had spent the entire night engrossed in his pup pad. Disheartened by his failed attempt to sleep, he decided to take a walk to clear his mind.

As Ryder quietly left the lookout, he encountered his first pup and the very reason he initiated the PAW Patrol, Chase, who was also struggling to get some sleep.

"Hello, Ryder, sir," Chase greeted with a weary voice, attempting to stand up.

"Go back to sleep," Ryder advised. "I'm just going for a walk."

Venturing into the woods to visit another dog he had been observing, Ryder initiated a conversation with Patch, who had made a den that was cleverly camouflaged by leaves on the outside, making it look like an overgrown patch of grass.

"Hello, Patch," Ryder greeted.

Patch responded, "How are you doing?"

"I've just come to check on my brother, Marshall. Do you want to visit him?"

"Yes, please. I need to tell him something. Can we go right now?" Patch asked, a trace of concern in his voice as he detected rustling leaves and the presence of marauders in the forest, sending shivers through his fur. Their journey back to the lookout commenced, but as they neared the edge of the forest...

A sudden event unfolded as a mysterious net ensnared both Ryder and Patch, propelling them into the air. The individual behind this capture appeared intent on making a dramatic entrance, as the net ascended to greet the rising sun, casting a silhouette against the dawn's light. As the figure emerged from the shadows, it was revealed to be none other than Cruella de Vil.