Chapter 14 | Trump Card

Start from the beginning

"All kinds of useless crap. I could get her to order things that weren't found in this house." Ray told him.

"Were you testing what she could and couldn't get her hands on?" Norman asked.

"Exactly. It was like killing two birds with one stone, since I could also get a taste of the "outside world" through these demands. In the end I could get almost anything I wanted, as long as they weren't anything dangerous. The only thing that sucked was that all the items I received weren't exactly the newest versions available." Ray explained.

"What meticulous preparation..."

"Then... When you said that you had an idea on how to destroy the transmitters...were you actually telling the truth?" Asked Norman.

"I've seen them with my own eyes. I've been experimenting. It took many years, but I eventually found a way."

Ray's face hardened.

"I'm definitely capable of destroying them. Let me be clear here: I can reliably render the transmitters useless. Do you get it?"

Ray's face turned into a sinister smirk.

"Sitting right in front of you at this moment... Is your most supreme trump card. I'm in a position where I could potentially stab Mama in the back from inside. I know how to render the transmitters useless. And on top of it all... I know more than you could ever imagine. While it might not be everything, it's all information that you will need to plan your escape. I...am your strongest card. I've been preparing for this ever since I knew the house's secret. In a way such that nobody...that you guys nor Mama would ever find out about it. I tricked Conny, who was none the wiser, and stole Little Bunny. I made you two go to the gate. You're right, it's just as you said. All of this... Was for the sake of keeping you four alive."

Ray pointed at Norman as he said this.

"Anyways, back to topic. I'm not your enemy. But I'm not your ally either. I won't even try to take part in any ridiculous plans, so I did all I could to restrict you two. You should already know where I'm heading with this. It all depends on the conditions. If the conditions are favorable, I wouldn't mind selling out and becoming your trump card. I'll hand over all the information and I'll lie to Mama as you wish." Ray told Norman.

"What exactly do you want?" Norman asked.

"I want you to fool Emma."

Norman's eyes widened and he tensed up.

"Pretend like we'll bring everyone along, and then ditch them at the last moment. I can allow Don and Gilda to come along, but we're leaving everyone else behind." Ray explained.

"So you're telling me to give up on bringing everyone...?" Norman questioned.

"There's no way Emma would agree to this plan... Which is why he wants me to "fool her"." Norman thought.

"Everyone improved beyond our expectations with the training we've been giving them. Didn't you say so yourself? I'm sure you weren't just lying back then. So then why..."

"They weren't bad, I'll give you that." Ray glared at the boy in front of him. "But that doesn't change that they'd be just deadweight."