Chapter 11 | Spy - Part 1

Start from the beginning

Norman, Ray and Maiko were taking the dirty dishes from the meal to the kitchen while Emma and (Y/N) were still collecting some from the younger kids.

"You'd think that, right? That's why it'll be the best time for us to make our move." Norman said.

"I really hope you're right about this..." Maiko muttered.

"It may be incredibly risky...but we have to get things done in 10 days. And the very first thing on our to-do list... Is to try to get Don and Gilda to join us." Emma thought.

***

The five were now walking up the stairs.

"The smaller our teams are, the better chance each team has of survival. First, we'll get those two to join us. If they just so happen to end up being Mama's spies, we can figure out what to do from then and there." Norman said.

"...So how are we gonna break the news to them though?" Maiko asked.

Ray nodded. "We've gotta word everything carefully, or else it'll all end up getting tossed to the side as some kind of sick joke by those two." Ray then glared at Emma. "Not everybody is going to just straight up believe everything you four say like I did, ya here?"

"His eyes!" Emma tensed up.

"Well (Y/N), Emma, and I were discussing this as well, but to sum it up..." Norman trailed off.

"We won't tell them the truth." Emma finished.

"But once we start to show that something's up, she might go straight for the "early shipment" option. I do want our escape to succeed..." (Y/N) trailed off.

"But in the event that it doesn't, as long as those two don't know the real truth, their lives just may be spared." Norman told them.

"I don't care if they call me a liar. I don't care if they find out later and hold a grudge against me. If Mama ends up killing us all even before those demons start coming into the picture, that's the real game over. Now isn't the time to tell them the truth." Emma explained.

"...Still, it is quite difficult to try and come up with another scenario for them that'll get them pumped enough for this plan to work." Norman opened the door to the library.

"The moment of truth...is now!"

"Thanks for waiting, guys!" Norman smiled.

"No problem, man! So what's up?" Don asked.

***

"...Huh? Human trafficking?"

"Yeah...all of our siblings that left here so far have been sold off to these bad guys." Emma told them.

"So that's their version of the "revelation", huh?" Ray thought.

"Really? That's the best lie they could come up with?" Maiko muttered under her breath.

Don stared at Emma before he burst into laughter.

"BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I WAS WORRIED THAT YOU WERE GONNA TELL US SOMETHING REALLY BAD FROM THE LOOKS ON YOUR FACES... BUT THIS?! BWHAHA NO FRIGGIN' WAY!!"