Getting clawed wasn't a plan. I could have demanded the flower anyway, blackmailing the Lycans for the brides.

My mate did it knowingly.

She couldn't leave her scent on Keira. She left her blood.

"Who clawed you? I thought, it was that youngest idiot!" Eva scolded while holding Keira properly so she won't slide ahead because of the slant ground.

I gulped when Father's eyes didn't leave my face. He knew that I was imagining myself giving up, jumping out of the Jeep and running back to find my mate. He knew that my heart was breaking. He knew that the Alpha in me was writhing in longing.

"The females had surrounded me before I found you in the jungle," Keira spoke weakly, making me clench my jaws. A tear collected at the corner of my eye as I raised the speed. "It was sudden."

"How many?" Eva asked hurriedly, while I couldn't breathe.

"Four or five."

"Enough." Thomas interrupted. "Let her rest. It didn't hurt you before during the fight. Did it?"

Everyone was occupied by the ambition of bringing Misty back.

"I didn't just get a claw mark," said Keira, making me wipe my cheek. My head hurt a little. The numbness was going away. That's what the mates do.

Their mere mention would create havoc in the heart and make you feel every extreme emotion.

"She kissed the idiot with cat eyes."

Thomas huffed and laid back on to the space.

Father removed his eyes from me when I calmed myself. I could not get crazy. I kept thinking of the courage all four of them and Ivan collected to accompany me here. For their sake and for the pack that believed in me, I stayed strong.

My mate had the courage. My sisters were fearless.

How could I even spare a second of mourning for myself? How could I even think of giving up and not cross the border when I still had a lot to do? How could let my father down who watched me getting defeated tonight and didn't give me a single glance of disgust?

Squeezing my shoulder, the big warm hand went back to his thigh. He looked back at the daughters.

"Better than stealing a smelling medieval old pant."

Eva gasped.

"Leo will love that," said Father, trying to distract everyone as I choked on a sob.

"Leo will love it. But make sure to throw it on that Declan's face." Thomas added mildly.

Eva's shakiness in the voice was gone. Keira was awake and calm, as if she had forgotten her pain.

"Misty's mate is huge. Handsome," she mumbled, making father let out a humorous hum. 

I wiped my eyes, bit my trembling lips.

"Cat-eyed was a cutie." Eva said, chuckling lightly. "They all have beautiful lashes. Tall and those sharp-edged ears."

"Cutie? Handsome?" Thomas yelled in disbelief. "Wait. You could see through those bushes. I thought father had the bushiest beard in the world."

Father hummed again, asking him to confirm his words. "Now you see."

"Now, I see." Thomas chuckled, making the sisters giggle.

While I took long breathes and calmed myself. I had to face our mother. I couldn't cry in front of her, knowing the Lycans would have to give up the flower.