I hadn't hurt him so early. I was myself getting strangled.

My hand left the staring to touch the back of my head. The rain had washed off the blood but it felt like thin scratches from the bark of the tree.

"You gave me my mate. My Goddess will gave you, yours."

It broke the angry trance. The beast took over. I felt humiliated. Hurt. Taunted.

The same Goddess that made those four Lycan monsters who wrecked the whole Rucussa. The same Goddess who was happy to separate two mates by creating the border. The same Goddess who chose Misty of all the females to be the Lycan's bride. The same Goddess who was torturing me.

My claws ripped his chest. Again and again.

Misty had screamed for his mate. We all observed the mate-bond. We all observed the concern. She remembered Eva. She remembered Leo.

The horror was there on her face.

But her mate knew the flow of nature more than me.

He didn't fight back. He slapped me with the truths. He clawed me with the facts.

"He is in love." Father's voice came low and rough through the noisy wind.

The rain had faded.

"How do you the think the heat came?" Eva's voice followed. Shaky and hoarse. "She is on the verge of falling for him crazily."

"You didn't hear the guilt in her silence when I told her that we were escaping," Thomas added, sounding numb and cold.

"It doesn't mean she didn't want to escape," reasoned Eva, sniffling softly. "We broke her spirit. We could have come earlier."

Silence followed. The divine light followed too.

The dense forest ended and began a vast ground. A little slant. The moonlight was pouring. The rain was gone.

"Doesn't matter now. Does it? He marked her. Not even her hair could cross the border. We raised her hopes. If only we could read her pupils." Thomas voice boomed around the ground. "I thought the rain was helping us. It did a favor to them. Made a fool of us. We could have smelled her scent and know about the heat."

A faint whimper cut the talks.

I glanced behind to observe Keira's sleepy face, holding pain.

Eva's hand reached for her forehead. "She is sleeping. It's aching, the wound. We should hurry. Ivan will kill me."

"Cover her forearm. Don't let the wind hit her." Father suggested immediately.

Eva did as he told only to curse in the middle. "She is bleeding," she said, fear lacing her voice.

Keira had covered her arms with a towel I had at the back of the seat. The moment Eva had checked her wound, the air brought the metallic taste of blood to my tongue.

Two different scents excluding Keira's own blood.

Father glanced at me immediately.

I gripped the steering wheel hard as the scent travelled through my nostrils and hit me right at the heart, bringing shivers down my spine.

"Get a hold of yourself!" Father growled, pulling me right when I almost felt like sliding rightwards out of the Jeep to fall on the ground.

The scent had soothed my soul yet awakened my beast.

It was my mate.

"Eva. . ." Keira sounded weak.

"Drive!" Father watched me like a hawk as I gritted my teeth, looking around while wishing for a way to stay here into the territory.