“You know, who do you think will be perfect to be a leader?” He question Minako in wonder.

“Makoto will do.” She unconsciously answers immediately without thinking and cover her mouth in surprise.

“You think so?” He stares at her in curious.

Sweating nervously, she stutters, “Y-Yes… Even though he is new but I think he had the potential to be a great leader in the future.” She chuckle nervously. ‘So much for trying to act clueless….! But it’s true, Makoto is a great leader anyway.’

Akihiko hummed in respond while staring at the team before he interrupt them and said, “We’re also going to appoint a leader to make any necessary decisions.”

This catches Junpei’s full attention, “For real..? One of us..?” His eyes sparkles in determination, “Oh! Oh! Me! Me me me! Pick me!” He raise his arm up like a child wanting to answer an easy question.

“….” Akihiko look back and forth between him and Makoto, deicide to point his finger at the only dark navy haired teen, “Makoto, you’re in charge.”

Junpei gasps, “Wha…? B-But does he even look like a leader?”

Yukari steps in, “Well, he has fought them before.”

“Seriously?”

The captain of them boxing team agreed, “That’s true but there is another reason.” Looking back at yukari and Junpei with a serious expression, “You two.. can you summon your Persona without any difficulties like he can?”

“Y-Yeah! Of course I can!” Junpei huffed, grinned nervously.

“I think so.” Yukari said, trying to be brave.

Not satisfy by their answers, he crossed his arms, “These are Shadows we’re talking about here. Without your Persona, you’re screwed.” Turning his attention back to Makoto, “Alright, let’s head inside. Are you ready, Yuki?”

Makoto nodded his head in respond.

After that, the team decided to enter the entrance. Mitsuru become the guide and connected through using her persona’s abilities. While distracting, Akihiko take this opportunity to create a conversation with Minako by standing beside her.

“You and that new transfer student seems close.” He said while looking forward.

Not knowing where this conversation is going, she simply responds naturally, “Well, Makoto-san looks like a nice quiet guy. I know how it felt to be a transfer student…”

He frowned, ‘You even call him by his first name…’

He doesn’t understand why but he doesn’t like it one bit. True that she also had called Junpei by first name, which is okay for him but strange when she said the transfer student’s first name so naturally is somehow… irritated him.

22/4/2009 (Wed)

Early Morning

She wakes up early again today, surprisingly energetic for some reasons but since it’s still early, she make a simple sandwich for breakfast. Sitting on one of the chair at the counter enjoying her food, she heard the sound of footsteps coming down from the stairs.

Turn her attention at the sound, to her surprise, it was Makoto.

With his tired face, he looks at her in wonder before murmurs lowly, “…Good morning…” And make his way to sit beside her.