Chapter 25

I sit in silence as Elias does the same. It's not a awkward silence it's the what the fuck just happened silence.

How did everything go down the hill so quickly? Are relationships has just begun and we're already fighting.

I thought new relationships were perfect in the beginning? Maybe Elias isn't for me after all. I shake my head. I can't think that way. Every relationship has fights. They're not all the same. Our story is not going to be found on some book. This is reality, and I need to face it. If we want this to work, we have to make it work and continue to work hard for it everyday.

We pull up to the dormitory and I glance a look at Elias who is looking straight ahead. Lost in thought.

I'm doing the right thing by putting some separation between us. I hope.

"You're driving back to San Antonio tonight?" Elias searches my face.

"Yeah... I need time away from here." I lick my dry lips and tuck a piece of hair behind my ear as I look straight ahead. "I didn't think my life would change this much in a matter of months. I think I need to get away. It's all becoming to much to fast. I think I need a break from all this. Even if it's just for a day."

There's silence in the car for a few minutes before Elias clears his throat. "Are you breaking up with me, Grace?" His voice quivers and I have to close my eyes, because if I look at him now, I'll just end up crying and I don't think I'll be able to stop if I do.

"Do you want to break up, Elias?"

"No." He shakes his head. "Of course not. I just don't understand what your insinuating, so please be more specific."

"What I mean is I need to go back home to clear my head, Elias. We need space from each other for one night. We both need to calm down and really think about everything. We can talk tomorrow when I get back."

"Okay..." he sighs as he runs his hands down his face. "Will you text me as soon as you make it there?"

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow." I look at Elias who is lost in thought.

"Yeah." He nods and I get out the car and make my way to my room.

When I get back downstairs I see that Elias is still there waiting except this time he's sitting on the hood of his car with his arms folded over his chest.

"Elias, what are you still doing here?" I ask once I get close enough for him to hear me.

"I can't let you drive, Grace. Not this late and not without a clear head. Just stay here tonight and we'll talk it through."

"Elias.." I sigh as I run my fingers through my hair. "I really think I need this... we need this. So much has happened and so much was said."

"I know. I just think it's better if we talk it through. I don't want to stay mad at you and I don't want you mad at me. I don't want to leave it like this until tomorrow. Please, baby. Let's just talk. Well figure it out together."

What is he not understanding. I need space right now! Why does he not want to give me that? "Will you just give me some space, Elias? Damn I need space! You're suffocating me!" I yell and watch as he takes a step back and a look of hurt flashes in his eyes.

"Yeah, okay." He defeatedly walks to his car with his shoulders sagged and head low before turning to look at me. "Be safe driving. I love you."

I watch as he gets in his car and drives away before grief washes over me and I begin to let the damn burst.

I didn't have to yell at him like that. I was just frustrated and he was being... I don't know what came over me, but I had no right to snap at him that way. My mind is a jumbled mess and I'm torn on what to do. Do I go after him or do I give us the space we both need?

After standing there for a few minutes I get in my car and drive.

Ive been driving for twenty minutes when my phone begins to ring and I see Bella's name appear. I let out a sigh of relief before answering it on the cars Bluetooth.

"Hello?" I wipe my tears and clear my throat.

"Lani? Oh my God are you okay? What the hell happened?

I cry as I tell her everything that happened and finally ask the question I've been wanting to know. "How is he? Is he okay?"

"I think so... he went straight to his room and changed into his running clothes and left. He hasn't come back yet. I think he was crying." She whispers the last part.

I feel my heart ache as I realize what I done. He didn't want me to drive because of what happened to his parents. He was scared and just wanted to keep me safe. I cry again and this time I let all the pain out. I hurt the man I love when all he wanted was to work it out. Together.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Bella asks after she helps to calm me down.

"Yeah," I nod. "I just got here... listen I'll talk to you tomorrow. I promised Elias that I'll text him as soon as I get here. I love you!"

"I love you too!" Bye, babe." She hangs up and I go to my text messages and text Elias.

Elias❤️🥰🤤😋: I just made it and I love you too, Elias. Always, baby! 💋

I get out the car and make my way inside after I unlock the door and quietly enter my house in hopes of not waking up my mother. It's already late and I know she's asleep and I don't want to worry her tonight. We can talk in the morning.

I walk to the living room, making little to no noise at all and stop in my tracks when I see my dear mother... on her knees giving a blowjob to our neighbor, Fredrick. Fredrick who's married to my moms best friend. What the fuck?

I scream...