Chapter 13

Next Day... My mom left at eight. She told me to text Harry and tell him to meet us at this restaurant a couple blocks away from the hotel at 12:30. I texted him before she left then I fell back asleep now I'm up an hour later watching TV then I fell back asleep and woke up at 10:30 noticing a message from Harry.

Harry: Okay. See you then ;)

I put my phone down on the nightstand then went to get a shower. 

10 minutes later... 

I grabbed clothes out of my suitcase: dark blue jean shorts and a gray tank top. By the time I was done I had a half hour to kill so I just laid in bed and watched 'She's the Man'. It wasn't long until mom came. Then we left to meet Harry. 

"How does my hair look?" I asked my mom smoothing my hair out.

"It's fine." She answered. We went in the restaurant. We were early so we got a table. We were seated in a booth on the right by a window. I was texting my cousin while my mom went through her emails on her blackberry. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw Harry coming over. I put my phone down.

"Hey" I smiled.

"Hello. How are you?"

"Good, you?"

"Fine, thanks. Hi Mrs. Paige, How are you?"

"I'm good, thanks." Harry sat next to me. The waitress came over to take our drink order.

"So you guys are going to Santa Monica Pier?"

"Yeah. But I thought that we could go to the beach before we go to the pier." 

"What is it you do exactly, Mrs. Paige?" She started telling him about her job. 

"I've heard you're starting tour soon." Mom said.

"Yes. We start in Sydney, Australia on the seventh of February."

"It must be really cool traveling all over the world"

"Yeah, that's one of best parts of the job." He answered. The rest of lunch went really well. We talked about a bunch of different things from the weather to Mom getting to know a bit more about Harry.  

"That was good" I said referring to the turkey club I had.

"Yeah, it was very good." Harry commented holding the door for me and my mom.

"Thank you" We said as we walked out.

"Well, I have to get to my next meeting. It was nice to meet you, Harry. We'll have to get lunch or dinner again before we leave."

"We will and it was nice meeting you too, Sue." 

"I'll see you both later."

"Bye Mom"

"Your mom's nice."

"Yeah. Well if we're going to the beach I need to get my swim suit."

"Alright" We headed to his car then to the hotel. I ran up to the room and grabbed my bag with my bathing suit and sunglasses. Then I went back down to Harry's car.

"So, what beach are we going to?"

"A private one near Santa Monica. A friend of mine has a beach house there." We listened to the radio until we got to the beach house. It was HUGE! I grabbed my bag getting out of the car. We walked up to the front door then Harry unlocked it walking in.

"This is nice." I said looking around.

"Yeah, come and see the view." The view was beautiful.

"I forgot my shorts in the car. The bathroom is down the hall. The first door on your left." He said before leaving to go get his trunks out of the car. 

"Thanks" I opened the bathroom door closing it behind. I set my bag on the counter getting my bathing suit out. I feel insecure wearing a bathing suit in front of Harry. I'm no supermodel. I took a deep breath walking out of the bathroom going to the room with the view. I took a hair band off my wrist putting my hair up. I heard a door close.

"Ready?"

"Yep" I answered. We went out the back porch, down the stairs to the beach. I love the sound of the ocean, it relaxes me. We laid our towels down so we could just lay down and relax. I put my sunglasses on then played Flappy Bird on my phone.

"What are you playing?"

"Flappy Bird"

"What's that?" I moved closer to him showing him.

"Do you want to try?" I asked.

"Okay. So you just tap the screen?" He asked.

"Yeah." The first two times he failed but by the third try he got it. He kept going and going and going.

"You've done this before haven't you?"

"No"

"F***" I heard him mutter then he smirked.

I looked he beat my score by 15.

"I hate you" I looked up at him.

"Please you love me and you know it. Can I look through your music?"

"Sure" He started looking through my music on my phone.

"You have a lot of good songs on here"

"Thanks" He handed me my phone standing up.

"Want to go in the water?" He asked.

"Okay" He put his hand out. I took it standing up. I followed him in the water. The water was warm and the waves weren't big which made it nice for swimming. We weren't out even five minutes and I felt something brush against the back of my leg making me jump on Harry. I had my arms around his neck.

"What's wrong?" He chuckled staring at me.

"Sorry, I thought I felt something brush against the back of my leg." I said looking in his eyes. 

Hope you guys enjoyed it.  

I hope you continue to read, comment, and vote :)