Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

" Thank you "

I said as I pushed some of her soft hair from her face to get a proper look at her face.

You are truly a lovely princess , Dear Athanasia

Now  , I have some work to do . I stepped down from the bed and covered Athanasia with a blanket . I went to bathroom and took a long dip in the warm water. After I changed clothes , I walked outside and saw Athanasia already up.

" Athanese ! "

Athanasia said as she jumped from the bed and hugged me tightly . I  hugged her back and rubbed her back on circles to comfort her.

She must be having a hard time right now. She pulled away from the hug after some minutes and played with her hair from embarrassment.

Why is she embarrassed ?

Oh ! It must be because she is the older twin and as far as I know I have never insisted on getting comforted by her most of the times so ...

Third person pov

" Athy can you give me a hug "

Athanese asked as he spread his hands asking for a hug adorably with imaginary flowers blooming at the background.

' woah he is the god of cuteness '

Athanasia thought as she gave in to his charm and hugged him.

' he must have been worried about me '

Athanasia thought as she hugged him tightly .

Athanese had his office inside The imperial palace so he had to go to his office while literally risking his life to go to work.

Athanese had encountered Claude and Felix many times but Claude simply ignored him. Tomorrow is The Emperor's birthday and today is the day when Athanese has to submit the recent court reviews , report on the recent businesses and nobles movement in the society.

Athanese was nervous but also somehow not nervous , in short he felt kind of confused and complicated yet scared.

' phew ! Athanese you can do this !! Call father his majesty !! Don't forget that !! '

Athanese thought as he took the papers and kept them neatly inside a folder with care. Athanese anxiously walked up to Claude's office and when he was infront of the room's door , he encouraged himself again and knocked

* Knock *

* Knock *

" May I come in , your majesty ? "

Athanese asked as politely as he could and after some seconds he heard Claude say come in. Athanese gulped and opened the door , when he opened the door he could see Claude writing on his papers with Felix standing beside him.

" Why are you here ? "

Claude asked as he didn't even bat an eye at Athanese. Athanese who already predicted this will happen didn't pay much thought to it and tried his best to leave as soon as he can.

" I am here to fill in this month's report , your majesty "

Athanese said as he showed the folder on his hands and Claude replied

" Give it here and leave "

Athanese walked towards his desk and kept the file on the side of the desk . Felix glanced at Athanese glanced back , both nodded their head for a silence greeting and Athanese walked towards the door.

When Athanese was about to open the door and leave he heard a * thud * sound . He turned around to see what happened and when he saw that the documents he kept fell down from the desk , Athanese felt his soul flying out of his body in fear