She was befuddled, her mind closed and thoughts leaving but the kiss playing like a broken tape.

She dazed out, the shrill ringing of his phone made him part away from her, he stood up fishing for the phone.

How can he stand so easily? Right now she couldn't feel her legs. They were jelly, declining to even support.

Her tongue darted out to lick her lips, away from his gaze.

"Driver is here, come" He slowly held her palm, their fingers meshed together and she stared at them, How did they fit his hands?

He tugged on her hand and she snapped her head up, to look him straight, the hazel eyes still looked dark, and intimidating.

"Can you walk ?" she was disoriented but tried her neck to make a nod. Gnashing her lower lip, she took the support of his hand and stood up or just tried.

She was sure she broke her ankle, the ripping ache which floated all over her right leg was enough to tumble her down. She clutched his bicep tightly, sure her nails would leave a mark on his arm.

"Woman, you sure you did not broke it ?" he asked worry lacing his tone, he supported her as she took the leap of faith again, this time the ankle placed firmly on the ground, good enough for her to walk herself.

"I'm sure now" she sighed in relief, trying the step forward, putting the maximum weight on her left one.
Wouldn't it be embarrassing if she couldn't even walk? What would have he done? Act like the male lead and scoop her up in his arms? Oh thank god, she was saved from the embarrassment.

He lead her out of the iron gates, the same street where the cab dropped them off, now a black car waited for them. He deposited her in the back seat and jogged up to the other side, getting and knocking the glass partition for the driver to start.

"We're going to the doctor" he announced and she narrowed her eyes at him.

"No we're not" she claimed.

"I did not ask" He stated "There was no question mark"

She gapped, deciding her next words when he looked at her with finality.

The scowl was permanent on her face until the driver announced her arrival in the hospital.

Hospital, she scrunched her nose with discomfort, the place was haunted for her and had been forbidden for years now. She never needed to come back here, not after the day she witnessed all those nightmare-worthy scenes, Her child's brain was stuck in fear, assured that she'll hardly come back in there, the typical white building with equally white walls and disinfectant everywhere.

Be it back home or the exotic Miami, the hospital won't change, right?

"Dream later" She was shaken out of her thoughts, glaring at Leonardo Clemente's back of the head.

Anger will do no good Aish, remember what Aai says "Manipulate people with sober emotions"

" Leo" She called for his attention and he halted while stepping out. A slight turn of his head shows he is listening.

"Can we skip hospital? Please"

"And why should we do this?" his body fully turned towards her. "When your ankle is far from bad" He pointed.

"Not something a pain relief can't cure ?" She tried nonchalance but his hazel eyes held a challenge, she groaned. "I don't want to go in...I mean...I.."

"Why are you so against hospitals?" He frowned

"Because I haven't been in one for the past 19 years?" She muttered and his ears perked