"It’s nothing."

She shook her head and smiled, so I wasn’t worried.

"But did you know that Julien laughed at me when I told him it was my first time dancing?”

"Huh?"

Carol murmured with her eyes wide open.

"No way."

Look at how she was covering for him like a friend. And she still says that they hate each other. It was cute, but I didn’t say so out loud.

It would be really embarrassing for her.

"No, really. It’s the truth. Don’t you believe me?”

“I believe… I believe you."

Ha. Carol was also on my side.

I didn’t notice Carol’s conflicted look as she saw me looking triumphant.

“By the way, Sharon."

Carefully, Carol called out to me.

"What is it?"

"Today… The imperial family may announce the engagement…”

Carol seemed a little nervous as if she was telling me this since I lived in a different world and didn’t see it coming.

But I knew that this would happen before anyone else.

I’ve known it since I was 8.

“Is there a problem with that?”

But even as I said that, my heart thumped and sank. Something subtle was eating into me. 

I shook it off and smiled brightly.

"No matter what…"

Carol seemed nervous. She looked askance then back at me, scrutinizing.

Why was that?

Ah. Was it because I hadn’t told her congratulations yet?

“Congratulations, Carol. You’re finally getting engaged. You two can stop fighting now. He’s a handsome boy, and you’re a pretty girl. You suit each other."

“…What?!"

She seemed embarrassed. Seeing such a reaction. Well, of course she would be embarrassed, since they’ve been fighting since they were little. I patted Carol on the shoulder a couple of times.

“There’s nothing to be embarrassed about. I already know everything. Anyway, congratulations!”

Carol was silent.

She must still be embarrassed. It was her first time getting engaged…

“Then, let’s get out of here. Who knows when they’ll make the announcement, but the protagonist should be out there!"

I led Carol, who had a shell-shocked expression, away. At that time, I had no idea what Carol was thinking.

***

’…I don’t know where to start correcting her… I’m sorry. Julien.‘

Carol realized that it would be a difficult task to correct Sharon’s misunderstanding.

Well, it couldn’t be helped.

They were being forcibly engaged by the adults, but after the prince established his base, they would each go their own way.

Until then, she had no choice but to manage Sharon.

'Hahahahaha…'

It was disappointing. How could she be so oblivious?