“Really, just go… And no matter what you hear today, don’t be surprised.”

That was the request I was asked before I went to Carol. The prince whispered it as if he didn’t want me to hear, but I understood.

Thank goodness.

Today, according to schedule, there will be an engagement announcement.

The two of them will have an engagement ceremony this winter, as they are 14 years old (and 15 years old in Korean age).

In the novel, Carol started to become obsessed with the prince from the day of their engagement.

The relationship between Carol and the Crown Prince now will be a little different, as they seem to dislike each other.

But even if it isn’t love, they will still be loyal friends. Wouldn’t that change the future?

I stared at Carol, who was waving her hand enthusiastically at me.

What choices will she make in this life?

Before the announcement of the engagement, my thoughts were tangled like a knotted thread.

I wish that it won’t come to the worst.

***

"Are you okay? People were staring at you like pinpoints.”

I looked at Carol’s expression.

As soon as I got close enough, I dragged her to the powder room and locked the door. Carol’s face was clear.

There was no hint of anger or jealousy.

"Yeah. I’m okay. Thanks to you, it became comfortable. Nobody bothered me.”

“…Do you know what that meant?”

There is no way I wouldn’t know. In this complex social world, what does it mean for a man who is not my blood relative to take my first dance?

"Sharon, the prince has been doing the first dance with me for years. But after dancing with me, he also took your first dance. You’ve officially become the crown prince’s mistress."

“…Carol. What do you mean, mistress? Who taught you such a bad thing?"

I can’t believe she learned something like this when she hasn’t even learned what sex is.

Was it Madame Berna?

As I trembled, Carol sighed sweetly.

She started to notice that I seemed genuinely angry.

"Are you… angry? No, I know that it’s not a good thing… Um. Sorry. I won’t use that word again. Don’t get angry, yeah? Yeah?"

Carol, who hugged my shoulder and patted my head, made me calmer.

I guess it was something you learn as you enter society. Nevertheless, I wanted Carol to see only good things and a good world.

Is this what it means to be a parent?

I couldn’t be angry anymore. Carol laughed like a puppy and I burst into laughter as well.

“I’m not angry. And I don’t care what rumors there are about me. I have no intention of getting married…”

“…That’s a little…"

I didn’t hear the end of Carol’s words, so I asked,

"Hmm? What did you say?"