"G-Good morning---"

"LINETTE!" Leon exclaimed ecstatically, flinging himself towards me and knocking me off balance. He squeezed me tightly in his arms. "I'm so glad you're alright." He breathed.

Looking up hesitantly, he leaned in for a kiss. I almost closed my eyes until I noticed the freaking audience in front of us eyeing us eagerly.

"AHEM!" I coughed, shoving Leon forcefully in the face away from. Leon began to pout like a small child, and walked away to sulk dramatically in the corner by himself. He passed me a couple of playful glances. I raised my eyebrows.

"Ha, damn, thought we were going to get a show." Damon chuckled, blowing me a kiss jokingly. Was he always so straightforward? Clearly modesty was the last thing he had in mind.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say. But anyways... you guys are misunderstanding. Err, Ares didn't cut me." I interrupted, standing back up and sitting down at the enormous dinner table. There was at least ten guys at the table, who I recognized from the party.

"He didn't?" Leon retorted with confusion, suddenly recovering from his gloomy corner. "The coward got his men to do it, then?!" He added with even more ferocity, clenching his fists angrily at his sides. The men at the table shot me looks of pity and understanding.

"No, no, calm down!" I interjected, grabbing his wrist and shaking his arm. "I did it myself." I admitted hesitantly, growing timid.

"W-WHAT?" All the men bellowed in unison, shocked by my revelation. 

"Are you f*cking kidding me? He threatened you, too? That little--" Damon mumbled to himself, glowering. All the men immediately began to fervently discuss counterattacks. 

"JUST SHUT UP FOR A SECOND!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. The room went silent. 

"Jeez, thank you! Listen properly, okay? They had some weird drug in the air that made me nauseous and I just had to clear my head a little, okay? Don't jump to conclusions." I scolded with contempt, pointing the cane at them with authority. 

... Did I go overboard again? 

An eruption of laughter from behind me caused all the men to stand up in their chairs in respect. Van wandered in, clapping his hands with another mob of guards following suit. 

"Brilliant, brilliant as usual, Linette, honey!" He howled with laughter, his laugh resounding like a trombone. 

"Tch." Leon folded his arms impatiently across his chest, turning away with disgust.

I never did find out why he was trying to escape the first time I met him...

"Linette, hon, would you mind explainin' a bit more of yer story? We're quite int'rested." Van chuckled darkly, taking out his infamous pipe without hesitation as he motioned towards the men to return to their eating. They promptly returned to eating, but in silence.

"W-Well..."

"Oh, and don't leave out any details, understand?" He added in an ominous, foreboding tone. I gulped.

This man was terrifying.

"Well, err, I was taking a break from Leon's weird chatter"--Leon made a face at me--"and this guy came to talk to me. He brought me outside to the balcony, we talked for a bit, and then I almost passed out after smelling this really strong, sweet scent." I explained weakly. 

Van and the men around him exchanged cynical glances.

"Yes, that's the important part. Would you describe the scent precisely for us, ma'am?" A well-groomed and handsome younger man stepped out from next to Van towards me. He spoke with courtesy, but there seemed to be traces of indignation in his voice. He had dark hair, dark eyes, and was lean but firmly built. A pair of glasses was perched at the end of his nose. He pulled out a small notepad and pen. He looked fairly normal and for the most part, friendly. He was probably in his late twenties or early thirties.