Julien spoke in a quiet voice to me, “Do you have to go? You can just live here. Since you’re related to the Gratoni family, my mother might give you permission.”

“Huh? No.”

At my refusal, Julien impatiently said, “Why not? I’ll make sure you’re fed well and buy you clothes, and you could do whatever you want.”

Why would I step inside this murky pool just for that?

As the prince, he really shouldn’t be suggesting such scary things.

I shook my head. I was satisfied with the life I had now. I could do anything I wanted in the duchy under the shadow of Madame DeJoue.

“Hey! Sharon’s my playmate!”

Carol tossed aside the cookie she was eating and jumped up.

No, but I wasn’t going to go. She didn’t need to get so worked up.

“I’m better than you,” Julien said. Meeting his black eyes, Carol pouted, her cheeks puffing up with air.

Oh… my head hurt.

Carol was properly worked up now, and stamping her feet, she yelled, “You shitstain!”

…Wait. They were busy fighting right now, but I wanted to ask her just where she learned that word.

However, before I could even reach out to her, Carol jumped at the crown prince.

“Sharon is my friend! You’re such a jerk!!”

Julien, who had always looked so mature, was pushed over the edge by Carol.

“Hey!!”

Carol and Julien didn’t hear me, as Carol grabbed Julien’s hair and yanked on it.

“Just stop!!”

“No!” Carol shouted as she panted. It was clear that the attendants in the room were uncertain about what to do between the fight between the two kids who had the highest social statuses in the room.

“Let go of me!” Julien said irritably. He tried to grab Carol’s wrist to pull it aside, but Carol was unmovable.

Oh, these stubborn kids!

“I told you to stop!”

Before I could get between the two, Julien pushed Carol away. “She’ll live much better with me than with something like you! Idiot!”

Carol sprang to her feet.

“Your Highness, please stop it! Lady Carol, please…”

They ignored the attendants’ words, and I was caught in the middle of their tense confrontation.

Seriously, these brats.

They didn’t even ask me what I wanted before they started fighting over me. I was speechless at their rudeness.

“Both of you, stop. If you keep acting like this, I won’t play with either of you anymore!”

At my declaration, Carol and Julien turned to me at the same time.

Yeah. What a surprise.

“That’s not fair!”

“Yes, it is!”

At my sharp words, Carol took a step back. She was looking at me as if she was asking how I could say that to her.

“That’s a little tough,” said Julien.