Saving Marinette

Previously on In the End... 

And all he does is simply ignore her. He headed up the stairs, careful not to drop her. He knew where he was going. And he knew it was unnecessary to keep glancing at her, hoping she would wake up. He managed to open his bedroom door and went to set her on his bed. He pulled up a chair beside the bed, sitting on it. "Stay with me.." he pleaded. He didn't want to lose the girl who impacted him so much. "I love you..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Marinette!.." Adrien cried out for her. Regret spilled into his mind. He had her propped against a few of his pillows and a thin white blanket covered her stomach down. He kept holding one of her hands with his.

It was small and petite. Like herself.

"Why didn't I listen to you when you were just looking out for me?.." he was doubting himself a lot. Tears rolled down his face as he watched the symptoms get worse.

The black had grown over her hands and feet.

He wished he could end her pain. It pained him to see her whimper. He felt how her life force was slowly slipping away from her. "I'm so sorry!..." he set his head down. "I love you.." he kept saying that over and over again. He thought if he said that, she'd come back to him.

A hand touched his shoulder. There behind him stood Master Fu. "Hello, Cat Noir." he bowed before him. "Adrien, please transform. It is needed to cure Ladybug."

"What?.."

He let all of the other kwamis out of the miracle box who weren't being used. "I know one ancient spell that can destroy anything if it is done right. Hurry, Adrien! She doesn't have much time left!"

He stood up and faced the other kwamis who looked at him with disappointment. "Plagg, claws out!" a green flash of light surrounded him, making him Cat Noir again. "What about Ladybug's kwami?"

"She is just fine. Now, hurry!"

He gathered all of the Miraculous users who were downstairs near the main entrance.

They had seen the old man who granted them their miraculous to save Ladybug from herself.

Rena Rogue was a mess. Her face was covered in wet tears. Carapace had his arms around her with his chin in her head. He rubbed her back, reassuring her that everything was going to be fine.

King Monkey held the butterfly and peacock miraculous in one hand.

"Master, you promised not to use it ever again." When Gabriel didn't answer, Nooroo pressed on. "Even if you are still my master, I can't serve you. The miraculous are not intended to harm or kill others."

Gabriel kept his eyes on the pendant. He took off his Miraculous, discarding it on the floor. "You're free.." he whispered. He had Nathalie do the same too.

She fell onto her knees, coughing violently. Even she wasn't going to make it. But, she loved being there for Adrien. She loved watching him grow up into a strong, confident young man.

The fashion designer was in such distress that he didn't notice that his miraculous and the peacock miraculous had been taken. Nathalie..she was always there for him. Even sacrificed her own life for his happiness.

"I was told Ladybug won't make it if we let her die like this. Come on." he gestured to the other heroes to follow him up to his room, which they did so.

The room had gone silent. Each of them knew who Ladybug was, except for Viperion and Cat Noir. They knew who she was and they both clenched their fists at the thought that Marinette could possibly die.