"You have heart," Loki declares airly, placing the tip of the spear against his chest. Clint's pupils dilate to complete black, then fade into an electrifying blue the color of the Tesseract. Loki begins turning the living agents in the room as Y/n sits on a desk, conjuring a blade and flipping it in her fingers.

She watches Fury sneak up, grab the Tesseract, place it in a briefcase, and attempt to sneak out. Y/n chucks the dagger directly in front of his face, almost grazing his nose. "Please don't. We still need that." Loki approaches Y/n and wraps an arm around her waist, pulling her back into his chest as his fingers tighten around the corset on her waist.

Fury turns to face them. "This doesn't have to get any messier."

"But of course it does. We've come too far for anything else," Y/n laughs.

"I am Loki of Asgard, and this is my Queen, Y/n of Alfheim, and we are burdened with glorious purpose," Loki lilts proudly.

"Loki? Brother of Thor?!" Selvig stammers. Loki and Y/n whip their heads around to stare at the man. Y/n throws a dagger at him, which pierces through the fabric of his collar, safely clearing his skin, but pinning him against the wall behind him.

"We have no quarrel with your people," Fury assures.

"An ant has no quarrel with a boot," Loki says in a lowered voice.

"Are you planning to step on us?"

Y/n laughs and steps free of Loki. "We come with glad tidings, of a world made free."

"Free from what?"

"Freedom," Y/n says, her voice lowered menacingly. "Freedom is life's great lie. Once you accept that, in your heart..." Loki tosses her the scepter, which she catches without even looking at as her arm flies out on reflex. She approaches the pinned Selvig and pushes the tip onto his chest, relishing in watching as his pupils blow up and relax into blue. "You will know peace."

"Yeah, you say peace, I kind of think you mean the other thing," Fury hums.

The Tesseract's energy cloud begins spitting little sparks out, and the base begins rumbling. Clint leans over a computer. "Sir, Director Fury is stalling. This place is about to blow. Drop a hundred feet of rock on us. He means to bury us."

"Like the Pharaohs of Old!"

"He's right," Selvig chimes in. "The portal is collapsing in on itself. You got maybe two minutes before this goes critical."

"Well then," Loki says conclusively. He looks to Barton, who shoots Fury. He falls to the ground as Barton grabs the case. Y/n slides her katanas back into their holsters on her back and strides out with Loki beside her, the other controlled personnel trailing them. 

They make their way out of the lab and to a parking lot with armored vehicles. Y/n waves at Maria kindly, who gives a half-smile in return. Loki holds out his hand and helps her step into the back of the truck, and they sit down beside each other.

"Need these vehicles," Clint gruns.

"Who're they?" Maria asks.

"He didn't tell me," Clint says, sitting in the drivers seat. Maria eyes the truck as Loki tilts Y/n's chin towards him and rams his lips into hers, smirks creeping up their faces. Her tongue swipes across his bottom lip and she pulls away smugly.

"My Queen," he growls.

"My King," she responds.

Fury's voice crackles out over Maria's radio and she begins shooting at them, Clint sending the bullets straight back. Yelling is heard as Clint slams the pedal to the floor and speeds out of the facility.